Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Kindergarten Graduation

I know I have a TON of catching up to do. No good excuse for not blogging--just busy! All good things going on, though. Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of blogging and can do a wrap-up of the last few weeks. But for now, I actually have a picture to post (thanks to another mom in William's class).


Such a goof ball! Tomorrow is William's last day of kindergarten, and at the end of the month, Seth will begin his transition to Pre-K. Yikes! They're getting so big.

I'm looking forward to summer, but I'm also worried about how to make sure William doesn't forget everything he's learned this year. I still have to force him to read to me, but we'll be joining the library's summer reading program, so maybe that will motivate him. I also got a bunch of first grade workbooks and am hoping we can "play school" this summer. Somehow, I think that might be a struggle, but I'll put in my best effort! We started reading Harry Potter (the first book) and he's suddenly completely obsessed with Harry Potter. So lots of Harry Potter may be in the cards this summer. I did end up joining a neighborhood pool, so hopefully lots of swimming will be in the cards, too.

For now, I'll just reflect on how proud I am of William for making it through kindergarten (mostly) unscathed. He has learned and matured so much this year and I know that he struggled at times but he managed to make a lot of friends, have fun, stay positive, and learn a lot in the process. Congratulations William!

5 comments:

Tanika Davis said...

I love this photo! He looks so proud!
And, never fear, with a Mom who is on it like you are, your boys will not only maintain (and/or surpass) their learning from this school year, they'll also have a lot of fun and make a lot of good summertime memories. You know you'll make sure of it. Lucky boys to have a Mom like you.

JenFen said...

Congrats to William! Cute photo. Funny how from totally opposite coasts, our summer plans (summer reading program, playing school and lots and lots of swimming) sound very similar. And always, LOTS of Harry Potter.

heather v said...

Good to hear from you. Check out that smile of accomplishment! Check out your local Barnes and Nobles for a reading incentive program. Sign up online, record ten books read and redeem for a free book. Hope to hear more about your summer.

Anonymous said...

Aren't we so proud of ourself! So very cute and grown up looking. Please tell him Aunt Cheri and Uncle Mitch are very proud of him. And give him and Seth hugs from us. I hope your summer is a great one.

Karen said...

Worrying about the same thing here with Michael. We have reading time every afternoon and evening, as well as some time to play school. It helps that Katie is interested in it too! Congrats to William!!