Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Happy 7th Birthday Seth!

Dear Seth,

Happy 7th birthday! Each year, time seems to pass in a whirling blur, and your 7th year was no exception. You finished kindergarten, played soccer, learned to jump off the diving board, attended soccer camp, attended an awesome outdoor camp where you learned to rock climb, kayak, fish, and how to swim even better than before. We went camping in the rain. You guys stayed with your cousins and Baba and Uncle Chris in North Carolina. Then we took a road trip to Maine and LOVED it, even though you got sick. When summer ended, you started 1st grade with Mrs. Lightbourne. You have thrived in 1st grade! You also played baseball for the 1st time, played basketball in the winter, and soccer again in the spring. You were "Millner Monty" in the school musical production. And you lost your two top teeth, and another one on the bottom! Your top two teeth haven't started growing in yet--not sure what that's all about--but we will always remember your 7th year by that adorable, toothless grin! It has been a fun, busy, exciting, happy year.

You have learned a TON in your 7th year. Your reading skills have improved by leaps and bounds. Your teachers are so impressed by how hard you work and how hard you try and how committed you are to figuring things out. In school you are respectful and kind and helpful to your friends and teachers and we are so proud of you for being such a good friend and student. Your earnestness and work ethic are going to take your very far in life!

Seth, you are such a funny, bright, engaging, charismatic kid. Although you like to argue a lot with Daddy and William and me, you are also so loving and witty and clever. We wouldn't want you any other way. I love to listen to you making up story lines with William for your Playmobil and Lego guys. I love how you like to plan everything out, and I love how thoughtful you are with your friends and neighbors. I can't wait to see what your 8th year of life has to offer. I know you will grow and change and become more independent, but I hope you will always know how much Daddy and I love you and support you and respect the amazing person you are becoming. We want you to feel capable and confident and empowered to keep taking risks, keep learning, and to love and be loved.

Happy birthday to the most awesome 7-year-old we know! We love you,

Mom and Dad




 








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!! Coach,