In just a few hours, the boys and I will be hitting the road and heading to sunny Florida. It's FINALLY my annual Girls' Weekend with my three best friends, and following Girls' Weekend, Ed will be joining us for a week-long family vacation at the beach. Woo-hoo! The boys and I are leaving this afternoon and will break the trip up
into two shorter legs. Hopefully we'll arrive in Jacksonville by 2 p.m.
on Friday.
And hopefully by 7 p.m. on Friday, the girls and I will be enjoying drinks at a waterfront restaurant, celebrating my 40th birthday! That's right--I'm turning 40 tomorrow. Not really sure how I feel about it, but it is what it is, so I might as well celebrate. Maybe I'll reflect more on this milestone later (maybe even write a letter to my 20-year-old self), but for now, I just need to keep my head on straight so I don't forget anything!
Despite the million and one things I had to do last night to get us ready for this road trip, the library was featuring the "Bubble Lady," so after starting a load of laundry and fixing (and eating) a quick dinner, the boys and I headed over. The place was packed, but the boys were happily entertained and I managed to check out a few books on CD, so it was a win-win for everyone. I even got pictures of the boys inside giant bubbles.
After we got home and the boys were in bed, I finished up laundry, Ed and I packed (he's heading to Cleveland for a college friend's wedding this weekend and will meet up with us on Sunday), I left notes for the cleaning woman and the neighbors taking care of our cat, Ed installed the DVD players in the car, I put out the snacks we'll be taking on the road, and gathered up DVDs and books for the trip. At some point during the evening, I remembered that my driver's license expires tomorrow (CRAP!), so I this morning bright and early, Seth and I got in line at the DMV and luckily, the ordeal only took about 25 minutes.
So we're all set! Don't know if I'll be blogging on our trip, but I'll be sure to give a full report when I return. See you when we get back!



4 comments:
Happy 1 day early bday! Sounds like a GREAT way to celebrate 40!! Gf weekend, beach, family vac!
Happy early birthday!
Have a safe and wonderful trip. Stay unplugged while on vacation. You won't regret it!
Happy Birthday, BETH!!!!! Sounds like you really know how to celebrate! Enjoy your girls' weekend and your beach trip and your gorgeous boys! Some day soon, I owe you a birthday dranky-drank!
Hope you had a great birthday, an awesome girls' weekend and an even better family vacation!!
Post a Comment