Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Just Bad Enough

Tonight's t-ball practice was just bad enough that I think I got a parent to step forward and volunteer to coach. Woo-hoo! (More like begged. He e-mailed me before he even left the field after practice! LOL)

It was just good enough that each of the kids ran the bases, practiced hitting off the tee, and worked on the alligator chomp to catch ground balls. It was pretty cold and windy, but otherwise, I think it was respectable.

Opening day of the season is Saturday. There's a parade in the morning (all the league player parade from one school to another), team pictures mid-day, and then our team has a practice at 1:00 p.m. Kind of a long day but what can you do? At least I got the first practice over with.

One down, ten more to go. (I think.) *Sigh*

3 comments:

heather v said...

LOL at the parent emailing you BEFORE the practice was over. Kudos for even knowing what an "alligator chomp" even is. BTW, what is it?

The most I've done for Ben's team is be the snack mother organizer. Sadly no one would ever embroider that on a team jersey!

Proud of you :)

Tanika Davis said...

Beth!! Congratulations on doing what men have been savvy enough to do for centuries: Take on a job, do it just well enough that no one can say you didn't try, but so badly that someone else offers to take the chore off your hands. You are brilliant, And you don't even know it.

Anonymous said...

Well I am glad your teaching your team to be Fla. Gators. Good luck,BB....