Monday, April 01, 2013

So Much to Write About . . . So Little Motivation

There is so much catching up I need to do! But I really just want to go to bed. So the highlights will have to do.

First up, GIRLS' WEEKEND!!! Laura did an awesome write-up (with pictures) so you will have to visit hers. Suffice it to say that spending time with these four women--and one woman who was dearly, dearly missed--was awesome. They are all so incredibly smart, kind, generous, funny, and thoughtful. Most of the time I feel like I am way out of their league. But I'm so glad and lucky to call them my friends! Thank you ladies! And especially to Laura who hosted.

Second, upon driving home from girls' weekend, I hit a snow storm! Driving in the snow on untreated roads is not fun. But I made it. And on the first day of the boys' spring break (Monday), we had enough snow to build a snowman and go sledding. So much fun!

On Wednesday, I packed up the car again and headed back to North Carolina with the boys to visit my mom and brother. We got to see Ed's sister and brother-in-law and the boys' cousins, and had two beautiful days in Charlotte. We went on walks, went to museums, played at the playground, and the boys got to watch lots of movies and play Minecraft and their DS's to their hearts content. Here they are on the greenway near my mom's house:

We drove back home on Saturday and enjoyed Easter Sunday with a neighborhood Easter egg hunt (arranged by the only girls who live on our street--Hannah, age 8, and Kaitlyn, age 11--so cute!) and dinner with my cousin and her two boys. The highlight of the Easter egg hunt was Seth finding the "golden egg!" He was beside himself excited.

So that's the quick and dirty update. First t-ball practice is tomorrow. I'm dreading it but it will be good to get it behind me. I've got the warm-up and drills planned out. Just hoping I can get some parents to step in and help out. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

LauraC said...

Had such a great time at the beach! And good luck tonight!

Tanika Davis said...

Good luck with T-ball, Beth! You'll do great! I know it!