Well, I guess this will be a catch-up post. Here are some of the things we've done over the past two weeks.
- Seth caught a mysterious rash that had no symptoms other than the rash, but it was a virus, and several other kids in the infant room caught it, and some doctors thought it might be a mild strain of coxsackie. Our pediatrician said it wasn't coxsackie, and okayed Seth to return to school right away, but since other doctors suggested the kids stay home for several days, or until the rash went away, you can imagine the brouhaha that it turned into. William caught the rash several days later, so we kept him home Wednesday through Friday.
- I lost my iPhone somewhere between the doctor's office, Subway, and the library. I've been absolutely sick about it, and frustrated that Apple and AT&T don't have a system for making a lost or stolen iPhone unusable by anyone else. They all have serial numbers, so when I call and report my phone lost or stolen, if someone else then tries to activate that phone, why can't they say, "That phone was reported lost or stolen. Please turn it in to the nearest Apple or AT&T store." Even if people don't turn it in, the incentive for stealing one or not turning in a found phone would be nil. Anyway, life without the iPhone sucks!
- We went to a "Truck Touch" this past weekend. There were all kinds of vehicles there that kids could sit in and touch and explore, including a fire truck, school bus, police car, front loader, dump truck, garbage truck, UPS truck, pickup truck, motorcycle, and mail truck. William had a ball, and Seth loved the live music.
- Seth has turned into a toddler, with all the attitude that that entails. He is very headstrong and wants what he wants when he wants it. He can pitch a mean fit! His latest battle is the car seat. He stiffens up and has a good cry every time I put him in it. Fortunately, his bark is much louder than his bite, and he seems to get over things very quickly. I hope that will always be the case! He's trying really hard to talk, and he's managing to communicate quite well. At daycare, all the kids have to sit down when they drink their milk or eat snack. So if Seth sees something he wants to eat or drink, he'll just sit down. Today we were playing with some neighbors and the little girl had a cracker. Seth saw the cracker and walked over to her and sat down. It was so cute! At the truck touch, he saw someone's sippy cup and he sat right down. Too funny.
- William celebrated his birthday a few days early with the family on Mother's Day. He got this from his grandparents--what an awesome gift!

- Speaking of Mother's Day, I had a fabulous day, spent with the three boys that I love most in this world. We went to Ed's parents and spent the day with family. The boys had a great time and were completely worn out by the time we got home. I had told Ed that I didn't want any gift (and I really didn't), but being the wonderful husband that he is, he got me a new iPhone. I have never felt so underserving of a gift in my entire life. But the sweetest thing he did wasn't the gift itself--it was the fact that he never once got mad at me for losing the phone. He never said, "I knew you were going to lose it," he never called me irresponsible, he never made me feel bad. What a great husband.
9 comments:
I was worried about you (and fearing you were overwhelmed...new house etc.). I'm so glad to hear that things are going well.
I can't handle the roller-coaster of emotions associated with your iphone.
And the three year old...that's another roller-coaster. Hang-on!
Miss you...
Happy Late Mothers Day and early Birthday to William!
Sounds like everything is good and I am wihsing "truck touch" would make a Raleigh appearence. Ben would LOVE it.
What a great present (especially not getting I told you so) to replace your phone from Ed.
Bill recently got me a refurbished one on a massive 99 buck sale. As part of my mother's day he loaded it up with all this "hidden" stuff that he told me about once I got to SC on Friday to be with my mom.
Wishing you a good week!
BB, Happy Mother's day. The boys are very lucky to have a Mom like you!!!
So glad you are back! Sounds like you had an amazing mother's day which you DESERVE bc you are such a great mom and an inspiration to me all the time. (And hey who hasn't lost a phone. I have lost a cell phone during a drunken cab ride!)
Thanks guys! After re-reading my post, I think I should clarify that I lose stuff ALL THE TIME. I tend to be careless and forgetful, I often forget my purse or misplace my credit card or my work ID. So that's why it's so nice of Ed not to make me feel bad about the iPhone, and why I feel undeserving of the gift. I didn't mean for it to sound like I was saying, "Thanks so much for not hitting me"! I think that's how it came across.
Anyway, HeatherV--the Truck Touch was a fundraiser for a preschool! There was one in Chapel Hill on May 3 and there's one in Lake Norman, NC. (Don't know how far that is from you.) If there's not one closer, maybe you can put one together for Ben's preschool!
So I'm reading your post and get to the Truck Touch pictures (Which is a cool thing to do for kids) and I was wondering who that kid was with William. Then it hit me, it's Seth! You don't post for two weeks and somehow Seth turned into a little boy during that time!
Sorry about the iPhone.
I'm glad someone younger than us is having trouble figuring out the wireless router. Meade's laptop works but I can't seem to get my new one to connect at home. At work it recognizes wireless so I know the problem is with us. Of course, we haven't figured out how to hook up the DVD player with the high def cable box. Guess we have no high techie genes!
I knew exactly what you meant about Ed not being mad about losing your cell phone. Bill and I are both forgetful, but about different things and every time I expect him to get mad--especially with the big stuff--like that time I left my small bag on the plane and the brand new camera and GPS were stolen--he didn't get mad at all!
Sounds like you had a great Mother's Day and I love the pics!!
Whew! Good to hear from you Beth! So glad you all are hanging in there- mysterious rash aside. And so great to hear about the new phone. Mothers day sounds amazing and I'm right with you regarding the 3 year old milestone. Wow! Love the Seth story about sitting down to eat. That rocks. Great to see pics of the growing family!
Post a Comment