Today was William's first day of first grade! He took the bus to school and then went to after care. He was pretty excited when he woke up this morning. He had crawled into our bed last night and when he woke up, he got out of bed pretty quickly, and I wasn't sure where he had gone. I thought he might have gone downstairs to watch TV, so I got up to remind him that we don't watch TV on school mornings. Instead, I found him sitting quietly on the love seat in his bedroom, just thinking. So cute!
I also remembered to take a few pictures:
Here he is holding last year's first-day picture:
I like how Seth is smiling so serenely in these pictures. Not his usual MO, I assure you.
Anyway, when I picked William up, he seemed happy and said his first day of school was awesome. Hopefully, that's true! On Thursday, he gets to bring five items to school (that will fit inside a paper bag) to help his friends get to know him. We started talking about what he's going to bring tonight. Should be interesting!
4 comments:
He looks so proud! Love Seth's smile in the background, too.
I'm so glad he had a great first day! Kyle had to do the paper bag thing in 1st grade, I think. What's funny is that we never emptied the bag (Obviously they weren't things he played with much!), and I ran across it a few weeks ago when I was cleaning out his room. Talk about nostalgia! Be sure to write down what he chooses to take in; someday it will be fun to look back on.
And O.M.G! You just reminded me of something crazy that I forgot to do! Kyle made a time capsule in kindergarten that he was supposed to open before entering middle school, and we totally forgot. Off to find that little gem in our basement...
So cute!! I love the 5-things idea! And the fact that he was "just thinking." Ha! How much would you pay to be inside your kids' heads for a day, just to know what they were actually thinking about??
P.S. In case you didn't know, your kids are adorable.
What a great picture of our two cute nephews! I hope they do well in school this year! Please give them hugs and kisses from there aunt and uncle. Love to all of you! I wonder what William was reflecting on in his room...how touching that is. And Seth is growing up so fast.
Post a Comment