William picked out five things to share with his classmates to help them get to know him better. Here's what he chose:
1. A poster of a great white shark, because he really likes sharks.
2. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (the book we're reading right now) because he really loves Harry Potter.
3. A trophy from his Taekwondo tournament, because he's been taking taekwondo for 2 years and he really likes it.
4. A rubber snake, because he really likes snakes and reptiles.
5. A picture of his family--and not just our immediate family, but his whole, extended family on his dad's side: grandparents, great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, great-aunts, great-uncles, and cousins. (He wanted a picture that also included my side of the family, but I only have one picture, from our wedding day, which didn't include him or Seth, and he didn't want to give up another item, so we decided to just go with the one picture. LOL)
I think those were all pretty good choices. I might have Seth do this same exercise, because it's a great way to capture who the boys are, right now. As for me, I've been racking my brain trying to figure otu what five things I would choose for my bag. A picture of Ed and the boys, for sure. A picture of the Capitol, to represent my job and my interest in political history. A bookmark, to represent my love of reading. Maybe a copy of Cooks Illustrated magazine, because I enjoy cooking. (And I also love magazines.) And my blog book, to represent my blog--and my life!
So what five things would you pick?
4 comments:
Awesome! I love that he picked Harry Potter and a pic of his family!
Hmmm, mine would be...a coffee cup, pen and paper, a picture of my family, my lesson plan book and hmmm maybe a pair of shoes, because I love shoes!
Such a hard exercise!! Just 5 things! URGH!
Well, I guess I'd pick a picture of me and the Davises, a box of brownies, a book (I'm reading three different ones right now, not including the developmental books for 2-year-olds and 6-month-olds, so I don't know which one yet. Do I have to say which one?), a pen to represent my love of writing, and I guess the Bible, mostly because I feel like I should -- but that's bad, isn't it? Oh, this is too hard. Forget it. LOL!
Cute introduction, might have to remember for students.
uh..me?
1. picture of my family
2. my "buck stops here" sign on my desk for my love of politics, Truman, and belief in taking responsibility for your actions
3. An overdue notice for library books since I can't seem to ever finish
4. a pair of running shoes for exercise
5. Anything that makes me laugh
Hmm. Let me see.
1. A photo of my kids and Brian
2. Book of my blog
3. Half Marathon Medal
4. My Kindle?? Because I love reading.
5. Maybe a souv from my Paris trip :)
Post a Comment