Not such a good night last night. William has a bad cold that started yesterday and woke up twice last night. And both times, Seth was also in needed to eat and be held. (Seth does not like to be put down!) William has progressively gotten more and more clingy towards me, which is understandable and totally what I expected, but it is so freakin' hard. And now I'm stressed about William being sick, and Seth possibly/probably getting sick. Yikes. I'm trying to reassure William as much as I can and tend to his needs first. Ed is doing an awesome job of keeping William distracted and entertained during the day, and my mom has become the official sleeping-Seth-holder. But I think things might get worse before they get better.
Ed is having a hard time with William's clinginess, too. He tends to see it as a discipline problem, rather than a natural reaction to the changed situation, and wants to dispense "tough love," which I know will make things worse for William. Hopefully Ed will see the light about that. Otherwise, I can't say enough how awesome he is with William in other ways, and how much slack he's picking up around the house. I know it's rough for him, too. Even though we're not first-time parents, this whole situation is new to us. But at least now, I know for a fact that we'll get through it and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
Despite all of this, I'm managing to enjoy Seth quite a bit. He makes the cutest faces. He puts on like he's going to have these enormous poops, with sound effects and all, but then when I change his diaper, there's not much there. Makes me wonder where it's all going. He's eating well, and I'm confident that breastfeeding will be smoother sailing this time around. I can already nurse Seth and walk around. We had some nice bonding time at sunrise this morning, and it made me remember what it's all about.
Okay--time is up. Hope to have more pictures for the next post!
5 comments:
The cold will go away. Your home will find a new balance, a new state of normal.
Just hang in there! *hugs*
Congrats, you guys!!! We're so happy for you.
You do such a good job of telling it like it is as a mom. I loved catching up with you on Saturday. Yea for successful breastfeeding!
((HUGS))Beth!! You sound like you're doing great and everything will fall into place. Matthew also needed to be held a lot so I used the Baby Bjorn a lot around the house. I also have a Hot Sling if you need it I'll send it to you.
Beth, sorry to hear things are a little rough right now. As you know from the first time around, it just takes time to get a rhythm going with parenting. And some days, dealing with two kids IS so freaking hard!!
Nate lived in a carrier for a couple of months or else I don't think I would have made it, listening to him cry all the time and being so tired at the same time. And I will be completely honest here... I learned to sleep sitting up with Nate in a Bjorn. I took quite a few catnaps that way!
Hugs to you and hope the rest of the weekend was a little easier!
Post a Comment