No baby yet, in case you were wondering. I've just been too tired to post. We had a good weekend, and my doctor's appointment was fine. I'm 70% effaced now, but still 1-2 centimeters dilated, so it could be two weeks, it could be tomorrow. My back is really bothering me today, and I had a hard time sleeping last night. But no real contractions to speak of, so I'm just hanging in there!
In William's world, there's not much to report. He tripped and fell against the side of the garage on Thursday evening and got a bad bump on his forehead. It broke the skin and bled, but not a lot. I took him inside to get ice and clean him up, and he threw an absolute fit. At first, I thought it was because he was really hurt, and I got a little scared. But then I realized he didn't want to go inside. As soon as we went back outside, he stopped crying. So now he has a boo-boo on his head, but he seems none the worse for wear. Thank goodness! Friday and Saturday were gorgeous weather-wise, so he got to play outside a lot. On Sunday, though, it rained ALL day--I mean rained and rained and rained. So we didn't do anything more exciting than watch Disney's Cars, which is a special treat for him. Overall, though, he's talking in sentences and phrases more now, which is fun. And we've been talking about the baby a lot, and about how Mommy will go to the hospital. He's been a lot better at daycare drop-offs, too. Sleep is the same as always--totally inconsistent. A couple of nights a week, he'll sleep through. Other nights he'll wake up once, and some nights, he might wake up twice and need me to lie down with him. I shouldn't complain, though. Don't know what will happen when the baby comes and I might not be quite as available. Ed insists he won't go in and lie down with William, that William will have to cry. We'll see.
So that's my report. Here's a meme for my blogger friends. What price will you pay for peace? As in, what will you let your child do to get 10 minute's peace in your day (or more!). I let William have at it with a brand new roll of toilet paper the other morning, just so I could dress, blow-dry my hair, and put on my makeup in peace. A roll of toilet paper and the ensuing mess was well worth the break it bought. I'm sure many people use videos and TV to buy their peace, but that doesn't really work with William. Maybe I just haven't found the right video! And it doesn't help that Ed is anti-TV/videos. Anyway, what's your price for peace?
2 comments:
A roll of toilet paper to run through the house and wet under the bathtub faucet, a bag of goldfish to mash in the carpet, two crayons to eat and write on things other than paper, a few stickers to put on furniture, and a handful of teddy grahams to take into the shower to watch melt and learn why that wasn't a good idea.
That gets me to six minutes and 27 seconds. I've got nothing after that and my house is already destroyed.
Well, I've been known to let my kids play with chalk, which has ended up on the walls, the tiles -- my favorite is the grout -- the furniture, etc. Videos will sometimes work in our house. Especially the Brainy Baby ones. I do feel better about them watching that than other things, but I will admit that lately Dora and Diego are my new loves, since I can rely on them for about 20 min to myself! Bless you, Dora! I hate, hate, hate your stupid incessant, ridiculous songs and repetitiveness, but I will put up with it if it means I can clean the kitchen and sweep the floors and maybe even fold a load of laundry! Chalk it up to that ever-growing list of things I-swore-I-would-never-do-as-a-parent that I wrote when I was single. :P That sounds like another blog post...
Post a Comment