Monday, April 14, 2008

Weekend Report

We had a nice and uneventful weekend. William was great--no meltdowns or pitched fits or general orneriness. He was also less clingy to me, and got to spend quite a bit of time outside on Friday night and Saturday. He's sleeping well, going to sleep without any issues, both for naps and at night. He tries to argue a little when I turn out his light, but he always goes right to sleep. I think it's funny that he never gets out of his bed. When he wakes up, he just calls for me and waits until I come into his room. How's that for service?

I went to the doctor on Saturday and nothing has changed. I didn't gain any weight, and I'm still 1-2 centimeters dilated and 50% effaced. That's good news, as I could use the next week at least to "get ready," especially at work. We finally got the new dresser moved upstairs, so I can get the baby's things put away. I ordered a few baby things on-line, and I might order some more stuff from Target. I want to get the valances for William's room and have to order them, so I might as well just get whatever else I still need and save myself a trip to the store. On the other hand, who doesn't welcome a shopping trip to Target?

I took more pictures this weekend, so here are a few.


I'm feeling more confident this week that William is going to be fine with all of the changes coming his way. He's still a mamma's boy through and through, but he's tougher than I give him credit for. He does just fine when I'm not around. I think he's going to be a great big brother, and will enjoy the baby a lot as he or she gets older and starts to smile and laugh and play. In the meantime, I'm loving every minute of William and I'm just trying to soak him in as much as I can. He's getting so big and changing every day. It's so hard to articulate how much joy he brings to our lives, despite the challenges. I guess that's why people keep having kids, huh?

4 comments:

Megan said...

Beth, I'm catching up with your posts. What great shots of William! Sounds like you are getting yourself all "ready" (whatever that means!). Good for you! The nesting has started! The joy you refer to with regard to having kids? Exactly right. Glad to read you are in a good space about the changes ahead.

Mountain Mom said...

What great pics of William! You'll get used to the idea of dealing with two pretty quickly. I worried about how all of that was going to work out before Erin was born, but everyone adjusted just fine. I'm sure it will be the same for your household. :)

-Bridget said...

William will do great with the changes. I am learning that kids are much more resilient than we give them credit for.

Cute pics!

Anonymous said...

My mom's here for a week, and I showed her your pics of William. :) I hope you get another week in at work!