I also love the camera, and being able to snap instant pictures. My digital camera is pretty big and is usually "put away" so capturing those spontaneous moments does not always happen. With the iPhone, however, I've caught some good stuff. Including this:
And this:
(Capturing the joy of licking the bowl after making brownies!)I also love that I now have pictures whenever anyone asks. I mentioned the boys today to some of the women in the class I've been taking, and they asked to see pictures. And I could show them some! Now I don't seem like an uncaring mom for not carrying pictures of my kids around in my purse!
I think I mentioned this before, but I took notes from my class on my iPhone notepad, and then instantly e-mailed them to myself when the class was over. Brilliant, huh? I no longer need to worry about keeping a pen in my purse.
Tomorrow, we're looking at three rental properties, and on Sunday, we're looking at two more. So I entered each property into the map and bookmarked them, and tomorrow and Sunday, we can just pull up the map and then ask for directions from one property to the next. In the notepad, I made a separate note for each property with the rent price, contact name and phone number, and some of the questions I have for each one. Tomorrow I'll just jot down my notes and impressions as we look at each one. I have never been so organized! And yes, I could have done all of that on a pad of paper, but this is just so much more accessible to me. It rocks!
I keep my grocery list on my iPhone, and I have several apps which look up recipes, along with access to the Internet and any of the recipe sites I want to look at. A few times I've looked up a recipe while shopping and then been able to get all the ingredients I need. It's awesome for menu planning--especially when I see something on sale that I had not put on my list. (This process takes a bit of time, so I can't really do it when I'm shopping with the kids, but it's great to have the ability to do so!)
The calendar is great because I can send myself alerts. I've used the weather feature a lot, although I wish that app had more information. It only gives high and low temperatures, and a picture to indicate sun, rain, clouds, etc. Good enough, though!
I could go on and talk about some apps I've downloaded and other things I love. But I think you get the picture. And BTW, my plan is only $75/month. I'm on the low end of the minutes (400/month, I think), but I really don't talk much on my phone, so it's fine for me. And it includes a limited number of texts (200/month, maybe?), but again, I don't text much, so that's not a problem. (The texting feature is really nice to have, though! It has come in very handy.)
So that's my pitch. Go get one MJ! You won't regret it.
3 comments:
Yay! I love my iPhone, too. (BTW, the Weather Channel app is great! Check my Facebook Boxes tab for a list of others.) And a lot of folks I know complain about the camera, but I love it for the same reasons you mentioned.
Love the pics!! OMG love em! Now I want a iPhone. It would probably take me forever to figure out how to use it though.
Still too scared to take the plunge but I'm closer to the pool. If I were sure to be traveling this summer, I'd for sure be "all in" but I might not be working, hence my reluctance to throw around more money. I love that you wrote this for me though! I'll keep rereading this post and in a weak moment, I'll probably go for it. Decisions, decisions.
BTW, I was hoping you'd dedicate a whole post to this topic and the title I had in mind is the one you chose.
Post a Comment