Sunday, March 22, 2009

Making Progress

I have had so many things I've been wanting to blog about this past week. But I'm still struggling to find the time to blog. Someone needs to invent an instant blogger, where you can dictate to your blog as things are happening, and your post will automatically get written. Until then, I'll just have to keeping trying the old fashioned way.

So now that I'm here . . . hmmmm . . . what did I want to blog about? Crap. Well, I guess I can start with weekend accomplishments. Today, Ed's parents came over to watch the boys so we could do this:

I think we got a lot accomplished, including most of the main level packed (except for the kitchen), but there is still soooo much more to do. Ed took to his parents' house a big load of boxes that have been sitting in our garage since we moved in. There were tons of books, and a bunch of memenotes-type stuff that probably should have been sorted through first, but for the sake of time, we just decided to take it as is. Thank goodness his parents have a ginormous basement.

Yesterday, William and I ran a bunch of errands, including going to the UPS store and mailing two items--one of which should have been mailed months and months ago. It's a box of maternity clothes that have been sitting in the back of my car, all boxed up, for forever. (MJ--they're on their way!) The other thing I mailed is a birthday gift for a friend, and this mailing is a HUGE accomplishment because I NEVER manage to mail anything off in time, and this package will actually get to her in time for her 35th birthday! (Hint hint!) At least I hope it does.

My weekend also included laundry, dusting the house (I just couldn't stand it!), and going to the grocery store this morning with both boys in tow. Not too shabby, huh? The highlight of the weekend, however, was today's weather, and getting to play outside with the boys. It almost made my heart ache to think about leaving our yard, and what it will be like without it. But I'm sure it will be fine. There's a fish pond down the road, and a basketball court and a tot lot close by (on either end of our row of townhouses), and the elementary school playground a short walk away, and the swimming pool, of course, where I hope to spend lots of time this summer. Hopefully we can figure out a way to play with the sandbox, too.

Anyway, I took a ton of pictures this afternoon. These are some of my favorites.









6 comments:

Megan said...

Great pics! So fun! Is Seth walking?? Did I miss that? (I am still not reading blogs daily!) Or is he pulling up? Amazing! Glad it was a fun weekend!

LauraC said...

ARE THOSE PICTURES OF SETH STANDING?!???!?!! You've been holding out of us woman!!

Part of me was like HEY a present for ME!!!!! but it is probably someone else. (Another blogfriend made a wish list for her birthday, which is this week and I thought the same thing...)

Anonymous said...

BB, I am just a "little" older than 35 so I won't be waiting by the mail box. Great pics. And schools are good places to play.

MJ said...

Not my birthday but I'll be looking for the other "package." I had a moment of panic as I tried to figure out where I'll put an extra box of stuff. Somehow I missed this post until today (Tuesday) but now I'm on the lookout.

Love all the pictures; they are both so cute--and busy. (Hey, just like you!) :)

Lindsay said...

Super cute pictures!!!

HeatherV said...

I would say you got alot done! don't let my crazy, insane sense of accomplishment bring you down!

I love the pics of the boys and wow Seth is getting BIG!

Sounds like you have some great surroundings as you head into spring!

BTW I have to remember to add you to my blogroll. I keep just being lazy and going through Laura's!

Will have to add you to my TO DO list so it WILL get done!

Oh Laura just emailed me tonnight and SUPER cool gift. I am trying to get us TAL live tickets if they are showing the live version at the indy theater in late April. I have made her this ridiculous card out of my pardon my president calendar. SHHHH!!! don't tell her!