I wish I could say I've been doing lots of productive stuff, but I haven't. Just trying to keep my head above water, mostly. The boys are doing pretty well, though, so I have that to be thankful for. William and Seth having been playing with each other quite a bit lately, and it absolutely warms my heart. They do things to make each other laugh, and William is starting to show Seth how to do things (even though Seth is really too young to do them). One of their favorite games is for them both to get on their ride-on cars and race around the house or the playroom. I have to push Seth on his car, of course. But they could do this for hours. It completely wears me out, but the giggles are so completely worth it.
I'm not sure if all kids are like this, but Seth and William will play by themselves (and together sometimes) with no problem--as long as I am in the room and paying at least a little bit of attention to them. If I have something I need to do, like laundry, or using my iPhone, I have to first give the boys my undivided attention for a little while. Then I can start doing what I need to do, and they will continue playing on their own. If I try to leave the room, however, they'll come find me in two minutes flat. It never fails.
That said, Seth decided to assert a little more independence today, which left me with my heart in my throat. William had woken up from his nap and was in need of a lot of attention. (He is an absolute bear when he wakes up, and it's purely for my benefit. He's fine at daycare and when Ed is with him.) William and I were in the kitchen and Seth was in the family room--just out of my line of sight. I could hear him playing as I held William and got him a cup of orange juice. When I went to shake the OJ, however, the lid wasn't all the way on and OJ went everywhere. So I had to put William down--which started him wailing--to clean up the OJ. After a few minutes, I realized that I couldn't hear Seth. He wasn't in the family room. I walked by the stairs and heard something upstairs. Seth had climb the entire flight of stairs and was in Ed's office, just happy and proud as could be. Just thinking about what could have happened makes me shudder. Thank God he was fine. Little stinker.
William is still waking up a lot at night, wanting me to lay down with him, and wanting chocolate milk. Haven't made much progress there. It seems like we take one step up and two steps back. So we're starting again. We'll see how it goes. William's classmates have started turning 3, and we're on the birthday party circuit now. He had a party last weekend at Pump it Up, and next weekend, there's a party at Glen Echo Park, featuring the play, "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie." It should be really cute, and what a great idea for a kid's party. I've already started planning William's party, but I'm really bummed because the place where I want to have it is only available Memorial Day weekend. And half the kids in William's class won't be able to come. Hopefully William won't notice who's there and who isn't.
Okay, now I'm just babbling, so I'll officially end this post. Hopefully I'll get back into the habit of blogging, even when I don't have much to say. In the meantime, I'll include a few pictures, since it's been a while.
William enjoying pizza at the birthday party:
Seth being, well, Seth:
4 comments:
Beth! Look at how big your boys are now! Wow!
Happy March 1st!
We'll take any posting we can get. So happy to have you back. :)
Welcome back!
Once both our boys started walking, that's when the real craziness began. I swear they still go in opposite directions on purpose!
I am glad to see you back, too. Glad the boys are doing well, and yes for some reason, they have that sense when you need to do something they need you. I know it well. Good luck with the daredevil.
Post a Comment