I didn't get as much done this weekend as I had hoped, but that's the story of my life. Ed got our taxes done, so that's a biggie off his list. And I did manage to go through some things in our storage room and I sorted through William's and Seth's drawers and weeded out things that were two small or things they never wear. I started our Goodwill pile, so that's progress, too, right? I returned a few things to Walmart today, so that's a big check off my list. I'm terrible at returning things! And of course, there was laundry and grocery shopping and other household chores. (I didn't really clean, though. Other than keeping toilets and sinks clean, and the house vacuumed, I decided I wouldn't waste time dusting or cleaning floors--other than spot-cleaning--since we're moving in a few weeks and I'll have to clean after we're out anyway.)
The boys are okay, although it looks like they're both getting colds again. Seth is either teething hard or else he has another ear infection. He has not been sleeping well at all and has been very temperamental. He's actually started throwing mini-temper tantrums. He drops to the floor and lays his head down when you take something away from him or don't give him something he wants. I can't help but laugh. He's been taking lots of steps, too. He'll be walking before we know it!
In William's world, not much is new. He's looking forward to his birthday and to Seth's birthday. He knows we're moving but probably doesn't really know what that means. I think he'll do fine with the move. I made whole wheat waffles this weekend and both boys ate them up! I made cauliflower, too, but neither of the boys liked it. Seth has not been eating very much for dinner lately. He's over baby food, but I'm having a hard time finding other foods that he'll eat. He loves mac'n'cheese and cheese toast. But I'm trying to avoid cheese in his diet. He's not that crazy about vegetables, though. Or beans. He likes peaches and grapes. And Ritz crackers and waffles and pancakes. I'll just keep trying with him. He'll hit a growth spurt sooner or later!
That's enough babbling for now. I read The Last Lecture this weekend and it's definitely gotten me thinking about my life and how I'm living it. I have so much to say about that, and several unfinished posts to prove it, but I just can't find the energy or focus to write what I really want. So those will have to wait for now. What I most need to focus on is getting organized for our move. "Getting organized"--that makes me life. Who am I kidding? I still have a few weeks, though. Miracles can happen.
1 comment:
If you didn't get everything done you wanted to get done, I'd hate to see how long your list was. Phew, I'm tired just from reading it.
Post a Comment