Saturday, August 23, 2008

First Haircut

William got his first haircut today. We went to Cartoon Cuts and although William was a little wary, he did very well. (I, of course, forgot the camera.) He sat in the chair by himself and stayed very still while the stylist cut his hair. I had brought along fruit snacks and handed him two as he sat in the chair, but he just held one in each hand during the cut. He didn't eat them until after it was over. Thomas the Tank Engine was on the TV, but he didn't really follow it. He got a little nervous when she brought out the clippers, but once he realized they didn't hurt, he was okay with it. The whole thing was over very quickly, and I was very proud of him! I think we can go to the regular barber from now on, and he'll be fine with it.

I did manage to get some before and after pictures. I was definitely torn about cutting off the little curls in the back, but he's a big boy, now, and it was time for a big-boy haircut.

Before:
After:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love boys with a fresh hair cut. William is looking very handsome with his big boy do.

Julie said...

I can't believe you have gone this long without getting his hair cut! Its great that William didn't cry. Lana screamed her freakin head off during her first haircut and the haircut was horrendous. William looks like such a big boy now :)