Friday, August 22, 2008

Seth Is Four Months Old!



My baby is four months old today. How did that happen? Here's where we stand:
  • He's discovered his feet and can now grab onto them and pull his socks off.
  • He enjoys the exersaucer and the Bumbo (although he quickly tires of the Bumbo).
  • He's laughing now, mostly at his big brother.
  • He's decidedly not sleeping through the night, usually waking up twice a night to nurse.
  • He enjoys grabbing toys and putting them into his mouth.
  • He especially loves his Tinkle, Crinkle, Rattle & Squeak toy, and his Elephant Jittery Jungle pal.
  • He does not enjoy tummy time.
  • He sleeps well only if he's swaddled. I'm very dependent on the Miracle Blanket.
  • He LOVES his big brother and is perfectly content to sit and watch William, whether he's outside playing in the sandbox, or building with blocks inside, or taking a bath, or eating. He smiles and laughs when William smiles and laughs, and likes to grab onto him if he can.
  • He weighs around 13 pounds, but I'll know his official stats on Sept. 3, when he has his next doctor's appointment.
I only managed to take two pictures of Seth in the chair today before William figured out what we were doing and insisted on taking part in the photo shoot. By the time I convinced William to come help me take pictures of Seth, Seth had had enough. So here are the results:

And here are some pictures that didn't quite make the cut:


(And yes--that's a huge bruise on William's forehead. He got it in one of his genius moments, when he ran into the cement wall at school while running a race.)

3 comments:

MJ said...

They look so happy and comfortable together! You can just see that Seth will tolerate any amount of jostling cause it's William. I'm glad these actually did make the cut.

Happy Birthday, Seth!

cathy said...

Oh! Happy four months! You have a beautiful family Beth! I love the chair photos! I look forward to reading more updates.

Mountain Mom said...

So cute! Happy 4 months, Seth!