Our air conditioner is on the fritz and when we got home this evening, it was 80 degrees in the house. Yuck! We couldn't get someone out to look at it until first thing in the morning, but fortunately, it's not too hot or humid outside right now. So we decided to open all the windows and make do for one night.
In William's room, we normally keep shades over his windows, and mini-blinds over the shades. The shades are cheap and don't really spring up, so they've been covering his windows since the time change (in the hopes of blocking out morning light and thus keeping him in bed longer). Tonight we rolled up the shades and pulled up the blinds in order to open his windows. I figured that with this change in his bedroom, he might have some trouble going to sleep tonight. He didn't protest going to bed at all, though, and Ed and I went downstairs to clean up and do the usual routine.
At 8:30, I heard Seth crying, so I went upstairs to put his pacifier back in his mouth. Ed was in William's room. When he came out, he said, "Did you know your son was in our room, in our bed, watching TV?" I guess after we had gone downstairs, William had come into our room, turned on the TV, pushed a chair next to the bed, and climbed on. I'm sure he was quite proud of himself. I wish I had seen his expression when Ed busted him. Ed took him back to his room, and William didn't fuss or cry. His only request was for Ed to turn the bathroom light on. It really takes me by surprise, sometimes, how independent William is becoming. He's quickly moving from a toddler to a little kid. While I certainly don't condone him getting out of bed after we've said goodnight, there's a part of me that is proud of him for doing something all by himself.
3 comments:
I told Jon this story last night.... hilarious! We agreed if we had a tv in our room, Nate would have already figured out how to take off the doorknob cover inside their room and come in. He still hasn't figured out how to work the tv remote yet but whenever we leave it lying around, he picks it up and presses as many buttons possible.
Laura--the best part is that he was watching "So You Think You Can Dance"!
this is awesome! I can just visulize him all curled up in your bed- happy as a clam. Awesome! I, unlike, you and Laura, need to actually go through the pain of moving Seren from her crib to her big girl bed. Then, like you, I'll have my own "escapee" stories to write! :) Thanks for the smile!
Post a Comment