Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fun in the Sun

I took William and Seth to the pool on Sunday and the boys had a really good time. William was more interested in playing in the huge sand area than playing in the water, which was fine with me. Seth just enjoys people watching, so he doesn't care where he sits. I thought it might be a challenge with both boys by myself, but they were both perfect. William is cautious by nature and is not interested in straying far from my side. So that certainly helps. The most stressful part of our visit was making sure that the other little vultures kids didn't swoop in and take William's bucket and shovel. I was also a little worried about having to nurse Seth and keep tabs on William, but it was no problem. I wish we had done this more often this summer. I have a feeling it might be a little harder next summer, with a one-year-old and a three-year-old. And Seth will probably be the crazy, no-fear toddler that William definitely is not. But I'm going to remember that I wish we had done it more often this summer and make more of an effort.

Here are a few pictures I took. I couldn't get pictures beside the pool because I was holding Seth and I don't have four hands (unfortunately). And as you can see by the last picture, the sun and fun totally wore them both out.


3 comments:

LauraC said...

Don't feel too bad about not getting to the pool too often... you just had a baby! We rarely made it last summer! And this summer totally made up for it.

PS. Adorable lawnmower video yesterday!

Julie said...

You will be able to do it next summer. I just went to the pool with my friend who has a 3 year old and 1 year old and it was just fine b/c the 3 year old is pretty darn independent and able to follow directions and listen. You are lucky William is cautious by nature. Lana sees water and she goes in, usually face first.

Megan said...

I love the last pic of the two little guys conked (sp?) out in the back seat. Life is so hard, isn't it? Looks like fun and good for you to tackling the day!
Thank you for your commment yesterday- I really needed to hear what you said. MUCH appreciated!