William's favorite new phrase is, "What's dat, Mommy?" And I say, "What's what, William?" And he says, "What's dat over der, Mommy?" And then I have to guess what he's pointing at. Sometimes he's just testing me, and sometimes, he really wants to know what something is. It's lots of fun, especially in the car, when I have no idea what he's pointing at. Sometimes I'll say, "You tell me, William. What's that?" And he'll tell me what it is. "Dat's a radio tower." "Dat's a cement mixer." "Dat's a biwiding (building)." I guess this is the precursor to "Why?"
In other news, Seth has had a great week at his new daycare. The teachers seem to love him and they keep telling me what a good baby he is. That's always nice to hear! I'm very glad we switched him, and know that we made the right decision.
Baba is coming to visit this weekend, so my goal is to get some good pictures. She hasn't seen the boys since June, so I'm sure she'll be surprised at how much they've grown and changed in such a short period of time. Stay tuned!
5 comments:
Oh the "name that object" game just never gets old, does it? So fun to hear the repetitive questions. Like you, I ask Seren to tell ME sometimes. If I had a dollar for every time I was asked, "Momma, what cha doing?" I would have new hardwood floors by now. The "why" phase will be awesome. (for a little while!)
I love the Why? phase...until the 27th why, then it gets a bit old. I distinctly remember my own why phase, and apologized to my own mom the other day.
You do such a nice job of letting us "hear" William's little voice.
Glad to hear things are going well for Seth. How much has it changed your drop-off/pickp routine?
I totally hear you! Lana's is; "Mommy, whaat's dis?" or "Mommy, whaat's dis guy's name?" Even if she knows the answer.
I am so happy to hear that you are pleased you made the switch with Seth's daycare.
That's awesome. What a great age, hey? Kaitlyn's favourite question is "how come?". No idea where she picked that up from.
Post a Comment