We had a really nice holiday weekend, capped by today's visit to Ed's aunt and uncle's "farm." It's actually a gorgeous 30-acre estate with a horse barn that's nicer than our house. Other than horses, dogs, and a couple of barn cats (one that just had kittens yesterday!), there aren't any other farm animals. But there is a tractor and an ATV and they have a really nice pool. Seth and I spent most of our time in the pool while William sat on the tractor and the ATV. Then Ed's uncle took William out on the tractor, and then Ed took the ATV for a spin, and then gave William a ride on the ATV. (I'm not sure who had more fun--Ed or William.)
Although the tractor was William's favorite activity, he did enjoy the pool and he ventured into the deep end with me several times. Seth loved the shallow part of the pool, and he even went all the way under the water several times by accident and didn't freak out about it. But he would freak if I tried to take him into the deeper water. Go figure. Luckily, the weather was gorgeous and hot--perfect pool weather. And if the boys don't sleep well tonight, then nothin's gonna make them sleep well.
Aside from today's visit to the farm, we spent yesterday at Ed's other aunt's house (lots of family time this weekend!), and on Saturday, Ed took William to see Shrek 3. I haven't taken William to see a movie in the movie theater yet, so I told him I would take him to see Toy Story 3 when it comes out. But he informed me that he doesn't really like Toy Story, so I guess I'll have to come up with something else.
Now I'm off to figure out our menu this week and try to fold laundry. What I really want to do is go to sleep, so which activity do you think will win? I bet I'll be folding laundry tomorrow night!
2 comments:
Looks like a great time!
I am so jealous of your sunny, swim-worthy weather. It poured rain Fri-Mon here and is brrr, cold.
Great weekend. Sounds like a perfect weekend for little boys.
LOL about the barn being nicer than your house. I've been in a few of those, and it's amazing.
Post a Comment