Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Menu Plan Monday -- May 24

I'm a little late with Menu Plan Monday (seeing as how it's Tuesday), but I'm trying to get all caught up since being away over the weekend. And of course, Sunday night was the LOST finale, so that set me back a bit, too. I thought about posting my thoughts on LOST, but suffice it to say I was disappointed. Not completely--I'm not bitter or anything--but I was hoping for a bit more. Anyway, now that it's over, it's back to the grind, I guess. I've figured out a menu for the week, I finished the thank you notes from William's birthday party (William signed all of them tonight before he went to bed), I uploaded the pictures from his party onto Shutterfly to share with the other parents, and I even unpacked both my suitcase, and the kids' from their weekend at their grandparents. (They did fine without me, btw. They never even asked to talk to me!) Aside from the awesome time I had with my girlfriends, I read The Hunger Games and LOVED it. I can't wait to read the next one.

So, without further ado, this week's dinner. The best part about this menu is that I put it together using what we already have on hand, so I won't need to make a trip to the grocery store. I usually shop once a week, but since I was away over the weekend, I didn't get to shop. I did have to stop at the store on the way home yesterday for milk and OJ, but not having to do a big shop during the week is a huge relief.

Monday: Sirloin steak, broccoli, dinner rolls

Tuesday: Spaghetti, garlic bread

Wednesday: Chicken nuggets (homemade, from the freezer), green beans, Stove Top

Thursday: Quesadillas (with cheese and black beans and maybe leftover steak) and fruit

Friday: Homemade pizza (using this dough recipe)

Saturday: Pork tenderloin (from the freezer, already in marinade), asparagus, dinner rolls

Sunday: Fish or seafood

As for last week's menu, the boys didn't eat much of the chicken piccata; they didn't eat the fish tacos, either; and Seth liked the sloppy joes but William didn't. I ended up having to throw out the fruity black bean salsa that was leftover from the fish tacos. But Ed and I both thought they were good. This week's menu should be okay. William ate his pasta plain, and will probably have a plain tortilla and string cheese instead of quesadillas on Thursday. But overall, not too bad!

1 comment:

LauraC said...

YAY for Hunger Games.

Personally I loved the ending to Lost. I loved the entire idea that the only thing we take with us is the love we had while we were here. And the way the weaved so many old stories into new stories, and ended the same way they started... genius!