Monday, May 17, 2010

Menu Plan Monday -- May 17

Last week's menu didn't go completely as planned, but it all worked out just fine. On Tuesday, I hadn't prepped the chicken for the piccata, so we had a free-for-all instead. William wanted a waffle and Seth wanted pizza. I made pizza for Seth using a Grands biscuit, but then I forgot to use up the rest of the biscuits the following night so I wasted the rest of the can. On Wednesday night, we got home late (thanks to traffic) so I ended up making Annie's macaroni and cheese. And on Thursday (William's birthday), I ended up making homemade chicken nuggets for dinner. (I made enough for dinner, and then later, I breaded the rest of them and flash froze them. I also pounded out the remaining chicken breasts for the piccata, which we'll have this week.) Friday night, we went out to eat (pizza), and Saturday night, we ate at Ed's parents'. Seth ate a hot dog and William ate a hot dog bun. 

So, that brings us to this week. I have no idea if the boys will eat the fish tacos. And William said he likes sloppy joes (and he eats them at school), but who knows if he'll eat them at home. So it might not be a super-successful meal week. But we'll see. Ed is on his own for Friday and Saturday night, since I'll be in Florida for Girls' Weekend!

Sunday: Broiled trout, corn on the cob, dinner rolls

Monday: Chicken piccata, broccoli/salad, roasted potatoes

Tuesday: Fish tacos with fruity black bean salsa (using up leftover trout from Sunday night)

Wednesday:  Sloppy joes, french fries

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday and Saturday: Girls' Weekend--Woo-hoo! Ed's on his own.

No comments: