Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Bags are Packed, I'm Ready to Go

This morning I'm dropping the boys off at school and then heading to the airport for Girls' Weekend '10. This will be our 9th annual weekend together, though we've all been friends for more than 26 years. We've had some awesome times together since we started doing this, and boy, have our lives changed. When we started, I wasn't married and just one of us had kids. Now there are 7 kids between us, plus two step kids. Each year, someone has either been pregnant or nursing, but not this year! I'm sure we'll live it up. (Probably end up in bed by 9:30 both nights! LOL)

Anyway, William is better--no more wheezing and no more fever. The boys had their "well" visits yesterday and then I took them to school. Seth was not at all thrilled to be there and was pretty uncooperative with the nurse. She wasn't able to get his height, but he weighs 23 lbs (10th percentile). He was pretty good with the doctor, but pretty upset with the two shots he got. William was great for the nurse and the doctor. He had his vision and hearing test. His vision test was inconclusive, but he had just been tested at school last week and passed the school test with no problems, so I think he just wasn't sure what the pictures were on the chart. He could have done the letter chart, but the first letter was a K and he called it an X. It did look a lot like an X, but anyway, no big deal. After all of that, he was examined by the doctor. She heard a slight bit of fluid in one of his lungs, so based on that and the fever he had on Wednesday, she decided to hold off on the shots for him. We'll go back next week and if all is well, he'll get his shots then. I'm not looking forward to it because I know he'll freak. But we'll get through it. Anyway, William weighed 32.4 lbs and was 39 inches tall. What can I say--we grow 'em small here.

Hopefully I'll be back on Monday refreshed and relaxed. And hopefully, the boys will be good for Ed. He's taking them to his parents' house for the weekend, so at least he'll have help. Of course I'm really looking forward to my weekend, but I always get the same feeling the night before a trip--a little bit of guilt, a little bit of sadness, a little bit of being homesick before I've even left. I guess that's what having kids is all about--life gets very complicated!

3 comments:

MJ said...

Your night before feelings are just like mine and I'm not even going as far. It's always fine once we're all together. I'll be there to pick you up!

HeatherV said...

Have a awesome time (well deserved for all) Love that a rockin' moms weekend involves early bedtime :-)

Thanks also for your kind words yesterday-

Megan said...

Yeah!! I always love your review of Girls Weekend! Where are you going? Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! And your description of how you feel prior to going away is right on! So glad that William in on the mend. Such big boys now! 4 and 2!? Enjoy the time away from the routine!