| (Picture from our last weekend at the pool that never got posted) |
In the meantime, the transition back to work and school hasn't been too rough. Seth is doing pretty well wearing underwear and was very proud to show his teachers and his friends his new underwear. Traffic hasn't been horrible, and work has been productive. Of course, it's only Tuesday. But I'll take what I can get.
| (Another picture from this fall that never got posted) |
I've had a partial menu plan going this week:
Sunday: Roast beef in the crock pot, potatoes (for Ed and me, boys won't touch 'em) broccoli, dinner rolls
Monday: Homemade pizza (homemade crust, jar sauce)
Tuesday: French Dip sandwiches with fruit (William probably won't eat this--will give him cheese & crackers)
Wednesday: Chicken parmesan
Thursday: ? Maybe beef pot pie, which William probably won't eat and Ed won't enjoy very much
Friday: ?
Saturday: ?
It's a start, right? I'll have to prep the chicken tonight for the chicken Parmesan. Wondering if I can go ahead and bread the chicken ahead of time and then put it in the fridge. Will the breadcrumbs end up too soggy? Should I go ahead and cook it and then re-crisp it in the oven when we get home? I'll have to do some investigating. (HeatherV--help me out!) Anyway, just rambling now. Better post this before it ends up in the heap of posts that never get posted. (Am I the only one that has these?) So far so good for 2011!
1 comment:
Yesterday's question:
"Babies shouldn't play in potties, they might be flushed away"...Why do babies want to play in a potty? Do you think Baby Ian might get flushed away?".. this went on for another 3-5 mins.
Rhetorical questions by preschoolers. I need a recording of my top go to answers. My favorite being "what do you think?"
What did you do on the breadcrumbs? I would have said wait if going in the fridge. When I freeze something with breadcrumbs I will often use a layer of butcher paper between each chicken breast and go ahead and bread each piece. I use Panko as the texture holds better than the ones you can made with toasted bread.
I've also mixed the breadcrumbs and whatever else (cheese, spices) and bagged it by itself on top of the chicken. This makes prep easier when it thaws just to quickly bread before cooking.
I have a super yummy Chicken Parm with Creamy Sage sauce that freezes well. Don't think I've posted it yet. It impressed my MIL!
Post a Comment