- I made the chicken parmesan tonight and it was very good. I ended up just breading the chicken when I got home. It didn't take too long. I dipped cutlets (large chicken breasts that I sliced in half and then pounded out a little) in egg, then Italian bread crumbs mixed with Parmesan cheese, and then sauteed (fried?) them in oil. Meanwhile, I boiled egg noodles and heated up spaghetti sauce. I served my chicken over buttered egg noodles with a spoonful of sauce on top. Ed ate his chicken with sauce, no noodles. William ate chicken, no sauce, no noodles, with broccoli. Seth ate noodles with sauce, and a few bites of chicken and a few bites of broccoli, but then declared he doesn't like chicken. Overall, a win!
- My "Do it Now" mantra seems to be working for me. I'm spending a little bit of time each night going through digital pictures or messing with my iPhone. Last night I made pumpkin chocolate-chip muffins. Two nights ago I read my camera manual and figured out how to manually focus my camera, except that I couldn't actually get anything focused. Guess I need to keep working on that one. Tonight I have a load of laundry going that I should be able to fold soon. Little bits here and there are good. AND I haven't bitten my nails in a week!
- Tonight when I sat on William's bed to read him a story, the bed collapsed. William thought it was hysterical. The rail that hold the slats that holds the box spring gave way. Not sure if we can fix it or if we need to seek a professional. The bed was Ed's dad's when he was young, and then Ed had it all the way through high school. Definitely worth fixing, I think!
- I made an appointment for us to see four houses on Saturday. Our lease is up in April and William starts kindegarten in September. Time to get serious about finding a house! We're still considering renting, but either way, we have to make a plan!
- Ed bought a new laptop yesterday and he Skyped me from the dining room last night. (I was in our bedroom upstairs.) That was fun.
- William will be testing for his orange stripe belt on Saturday in Taekwondo. He has to do three front kicks. I hope they are somewhat liberal in how they judge front kicks! LOL.
- I think I have a plan (tentative) for a summer trip to Florida that will include seeing friends and family, the beach, my girls' weekend, and end up in Charlotte, NC for 4th of July with Ed's sister. I hope it all works out!
When I started this blog, I wanted to capture my thoughts as I journey through the adventure of motherhood. But being a mother isn't my only role in life. I have spent the last several years trying to work it all out, so that seems like an appropriate title for my blog. Of course, being a mom is still the main attraction. So stay tuned and see if I ever figure it out!
Wednesday, January 05, 2011
Wednesday Randomness
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It sounds like 2011 is working out.
Go Beth Go to the Mantra and keeping it going in all aspects of life.
I had to laugh at the bed, I snuggle with Ben every night to do books.
Bill keeps betting that one day it's going to crash and then we'll be packing it back to IKEA for another.
ps- was your office a buzz with all the new blood yesterday on the Hill?
LOL at reading the Constitution before every session. Are members required to attend or can they breeze in after Amend 27th (about their own salaries no less) is read???
Chicken parm is surprisingly easy, isn't it? I use the thin sliced chicken cutlets and then just slice up the extra ones for my fried nuggets and stick them in the freezer.
I have a very good story about a family heirloom bed rail breaking, but it's not appropriate for a family blog. Remind me the next time we see each other. It's good for a giggle.
Post a Comment