Laura posted a picture of us on her blog today from the first time we met. Since I haven't taken any pictures of myself in the last few weeks (or had anyone take pictures of me--I really need to work on this!), I dug through the archives and found this:
Laura had come to DC for a quick weekend shopping trip to Ikea, so we met there and tried to shop and talk. I think that might have been the second time we met? Maybe the third. At any rate, it is so cool that I have made so many friends just from blogging. And if you think that "Internet" friends are not IRL friends, think again. True connections with people are hard to come by, and I love how truly connected I feel to all of my blog and Internet friends. And, of course, to Laura, who we will be visiting in just a few short weeks!
And thinking about visiting Laura in her NEW house and seeing the picture of Ikea makes me think about our house search and how fruitless it feels at this point. We're not finding affordable houses close in that we actually want to live in. Ed is really hesitant about buying. We need to figure out where we're going to live so we can enroll William in kindergarten and figure out his before/after care situation. And mostly, I'm just ready to move and get settled. I know a lot more places will be coming on the market in the next few months. We still have time. And we're actually very lucky to have so many options, and to not have to sell a house. And even the worst-case scenario--staying where we are and having William go to kindergarten in our current neighborhood--is not a terrible option. But I'm yearning for a home and to feel settled. All in good time I guess!
3 comments:
You know, I'm wondering just how many people have taken pictures of Laura and her blog friends at this point.
I totally forgot about that trip! I think I came up to buy a couch. That couch couldn't make it up the third floor in the new house so we gave it to some friends.
Why did we think we could talk with Julie and Seth and Ikea????
Lovin' your and LC twin posts today.
I'm feeling your pain on the house situation and juggling it with decisions about Kindergarten. We are totally feeling the 1,400 square smallness of this house with two very active boys.
BTW, hope everyone is feeling better and you didn't get too much snow.
Post a Comment