Saturday, January 01, 2011

Not in the Mood for a New Year Post

I'm really struggling with the requesite "2010 in Review" and "reflections" and "Goals for 2011" posts. I'm just not in the mood to sit down and write those posts. I haven't even posted the whole wrap-up for Christmas 2010. Things are great, and Ed and I had an awesome New Year's Eve dinner and the boys have had an awesome break. But I'm just not in the mood to reflect.

I will come back to it, because I do want to do my "best of" post. And I have been thinking about 2011 and goals and what things I want to change. And don't get me wrong--2010 was a really good year. Lots of good things to post about. But for now I'm tired, and since one of my 2011 goals is to get more sleep, I might as well get to work on that one.

Since I don't have much to say, I'll post a picture instead. This was from earlier in December, when I was trying to get a picture of the boys with the Christmas lights. I used the LED lights, which had a very different effect than the regular lights. It was also impossible to get both boys to stay still so the pics wouldn't be blurry. But despite that, I got a few keepers.



I hope everyone's 2011 has gotten off to a fabulous start! (Ours was great, minus two very tired and very cranky boys! Maybe that's why I'm not in the mood to reflect! LOL)

1 comment:

HeatherV said...

Great pictures, I love the way it illuminates their faces. I need to check out the sales on lights and wrapping paper. I ran out of tape, paper, even tags on Christmas Eve.

We were opening Christmas gifts wrapped in birthday paper with sticky notes for tags. Classy.

On the resolutions. I try not to make a big list of stuff that I know I will fail at meeting. Last year I had one focus, live in the moment with the kids.

It became my year long goal to do it daily even with the simple, mundane tasks.

I like that you tweeted "do it now" while waiting at the car wash was you 2011 moto. That should be your only resolution since you said you procrastinate.

As far as goals for working, family, exercise, check out this Simple Mom link. I loved their take on making reachable goals, not some great golden check list that sets you up to fail.

http://simplemom.net/new-years-resolutions-2011/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+simplemom+(Simple+Mom)