Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Catch-up Post and Picture Overload

Things got better over the weekend. I'm not nearly as discombobulated as I felt last week. I'm sure that most of the depression I was feeling last week is related to a certain time of the month, but it's really weird because I have not felt moody like that since my college days--not since I started on birth control. Stupid hormones and getting older. I'm still on birth control, but it doesn't seem to be the anchor that it used to be. I think I'm going to try Mirena. But anyway, this is not what I usually talk about in my "mommy" blog, so onto better things . . . our weekend!

The weather was gorgeous this weekend and we tried to make the most of it. On Friday, I got out of work early (3:00) so I took the boys straight to Pirate's Cove--the water park with the kiddie pool and bubbly fountains and the sand play area. William, my little crab, spent almost the whole time in the sand area. Seth, my little fish, alternated between the little pool with the little slide and fountains and the big pool with the big slide and fountains. We swam and dug in the sand until 6:00 p.m. and then headed home. On Saturday, after morning errands and a early nap for Seth, we headed to Ed's parents for a sleepover. Ed and I got to have a date, which would have been nicer had I not been in such a foul and emotional mood. But it happens.

On Sunday morning, we went to Great Falls, a national park along the Potomac with great views of the rapids and lots of great trails. Because it was a holiday weekend, and because the weather was so gorgeous, it was packed. But the boys had fun running around, climbing on rocks, and watching the kayakers in the river below. On Sunday afternoon, we played outside. On Monday morning, Ed got up bright and early and headed into DC to get tickets for the Washington Monument. I got myself and the boys out the door and we met Ed at 9:30 and finally got to go up to the top. William enjoyed it, although I think it was somewhat anticlimactic for him. After that, we went to the Air and Space Museum and then to the American Indian Museum. William was really into all the exhibits and the videos. Seth, however, was not. His goal was just to keep moving. It was fun, though, and fun to walk around the Mall and enjoy the weather. We ended Monday with a walk to the local school playground. We definitely maxed out our outside time and took advantage of the weather. And I'm glad I didn't worry too much about cleaning and "getting stuff done" around the house.

And now for pictures!

Digging in the Sand at Pirate's Cove
Climbing at Great Falls
Great Falls
Viewing the rapids at Great Falls
Hear no evil, see no evil
Ed's signature shot
View from the top of the Washington Monument
Fountain at the Hirshhorn Museum
The cool shades and the pacifier are such a great combo!
Water play at home
This is not going to end well

2 comments:

MJ said...

Maybe you were subconsciously missing your reunion. We missed you. I called but you were out on your date.

Let's finish our conversation soon. We stopped talking in the middle of our complaints and left me feeling sad too.

These pictures make me smile though!

HeatherV said...

THOSE are some happy faces!

How did is suddenly become Wed this week?