Tuesday, September 28, 2010

This Seems to Be a Regular Thing

Seth came down with a fever in the wee hours of Monday morning. His fever went up and down yesterday and he still had a fever this morning (Tuesday). Needless to say we stayed home yesterday and we're home again today. Ed is coming home later this morning after a meeting so I can go in to work. I took Seth to the doctor yesterday, thinking maybe he had an ear infection. But his ears looked great and he doesn't have Strep. The doctor said it's probably a new virus on top of the cold he's had for 9 days now. That's pretty much the norm for Seth--a runny nose and an unexplained fever.

He was pretty miserable yesterday, but when the Motrin or Tylenol kicked in, he would start to feel better. It rained all day, so we were stuck inside. But since Seth mostly wanted to watch TV, it was okay. And William was thrilled to watch so much TV. Here's some serious TV watching going on:


We did have moments of playing in the basement. Seth sets his laptop up on Ed's desk and does his "work." William builds with blocks and plays with trains and trucks and construction equipment. Seth has also gotten interested in playing with trains, and it's super cute to listen to him playing, shouting, "Whoo-whoo" in a high-pitched voice as he moves the train around the track. We have a train table, but we built a pretty big track on the floor around the train table and that's what Seth prefers to play on.

At least he wasn't sick over the weekend. We spent Saturday running errands and doing chores and playing at home. On Sunday morning, we visited the Smithsonian Natural History Museum. We had planned to go to the zoo, but it was raining in the morning, so we switched to the museum. As usual, I chased Seth around while William looked at exhibits and watched the different movies. It was fun but after 2 hours, Seth was done. We headed home and Seth went down for a nap while Ed took William for a long walk around the neighborhood. When Seth woke up, we played outside. Overall, a pretty good weekend. I took my little camera to the museum with us, only to realize the batteries were dead when we got there. So I pulled out the iPhone. Pretty bad pictures, but they captured moments.



The last picture is Seth's version of "cheese." 

Let's hope Seth gets better soon, especially since I'm heading to Vegas on Friday. (Woo-hoo!) It's another girls' weekend, and while I will only be there for 48 hours, I think it will be exactly the break I need. No doubt I will be tired when I return, but hopefully it will be a good tired. In the meantime, we're just trying to get through the week.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Ugh, sick little boys sucks. Sorry that Seth has been doing the unexplained fever thing. At least with and ear infection, you can do something for it.

How does William like the Natural history Museum? Do you think it's worth the drive for us to bring Michael down to see it?I know I could spend all day in there, but not sure about a 4 year old.

Vegas!

Maria said...

Have ag reat time in VEgas! I am sorry the boys keep getting sick, but that picture of them on the couch is very sweet!

Megan said...

Enjoy Vegas!! can't wait to hear all about it! Sorry that he is still sick! Poor little guy! The fall colds have begun!! Yuck. Enjoy your break!

Anonymous said...

BB, you take some great trips! Sorry about the boy's being sick. It happens with my boys when the weather cools. (which is not very often). Have fun!!!!