I know the point of Show Me the Mommy is to get us out in front of the camera more, instead of being the one behind the camera all the time, as opposed to just showing pictures of us. But since I've been digging through all my digital pictures and trying to organize them, and since I didn't actually take any pictures this week, much less get anyone to take a picture of me, I'll post the following pictures instead. These were taken in November 2002, when my brother and I took a two-week trip to Prague, Germany, and Paris. It was pretty funny to travel with my brother (who is 8 years older than me), and I'm not sure he'd ever do that again. But I'm so glad we took advantage of the opportunity while we had it.
 |
| Charles Bridge in Prague |
 |
| In Germany, in front of a pub. Notice the name, "Hahn." Hahn means rooster in German. |
 |
| Paris! |
Seeing these pictures makes me want to travel and see these places again. I am not at all well-traveled so it was a big adventure for me. It was a blast, though. The funny thing about these pictures is that my brother had just purchased a mac-daddy, state of the art digital camera. I think it was 5 megapixels, and it cost him around $800. My how times have changed. Anyway, hopefully, Ed and I will be able to travel to Europe again, together, in the not-too-distant future (meaning next 10 years! LOL). And hopefully, next week, I will have some Show me the Mommy pictures that are more in keeping with the spirit of the task!
5 comments:
"Hahn means rooster". Funny. While you may not be able to travel until the boys are older, what a dream to start planning. Maybe not on your NOW 2011 list, but soon enough. Happy weekend.
Yes Ms. Rooster, You will go before you know it. Bob........
I like seeing the old pictures too!
I also love that picture you posted of the senator with his kids. I'm sure he had to NOT yell at the kids for the camera.
Oh, I love the windy picture at the bottom. You look so happy.
It was bad enough that Laura has organized pictures, but now you do too? Man, I hate peer pressure.
These are great! Good idea too! It is one of those "that was my old life, lets it make my current life" moments, wasn' it!? I like it! Great post yesterday too! Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment