Monday, January 10, 2011

Sick Day and Menu Plan Monday

On Saturday night, William succumbed to the virus that's been floating around the boys' school. Around 10:30 p.m., he woke with a fever and said his stomach hurt. On Sunday morning, he woke with a fever and then threw up. Seth watched William throw up, said, "Ewww, gwoss," and then threw up himself. Fortunately, Seth doesn't seem to be sick (yet). He just inherited his father's weak stomach. William spent all day Sunday on the couch with his fever spiking up and down. No more throwing up, but he started coughing, and now he has a stuffy, runny nose. We went to the doctor today and he's fine--just a cold virus. He still had a fever off and on today, so Ed will stay home with him tomorrow. Hopefully Seth will be okay, but somehow, I doubt it. Time will tell.

In the meantime, I worked out a menu plan for the week that will probably end up being eaten only by Ed and me. William has eaten hardly anything in the last two days, and Seth is getting pickier and pickier. But regardless, here's our plan:

Sunday: Sirloin steak (broiled), salad, dinner rolls
Monday: Free-for-all (Seth ate cheese and crackers, strawberries, apples, and scavenged off my sweet potato; Ed ate leftover steak; I ate cheese and crackers and a baked sweet potato; William didn't eat)
Tuesday: Cilantro chicken, salad, dinner rolls (broccoli or green beans for the boys)
Wednesday: Quesadillas
Thursday: Zesty hamburger soup (I might have to change this because I'm not sure any of my boys will eat this) with biscuits
Friday: Carryout
Saturday: Ribs, baked beans, coleslaw

Well, at least it's a plan, even if it all goes awry. And for now, I'll just ignore that little tickle in the back of my throat. I'm sure it's nothing.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

On no, not the sickies. May it stay contained to just one child!

Man, forget feeding the kids. Just freeze everything and send it to me. I'll eat it.

Megan said...

Oh no! stomach bugs and the possible stomach bug keep me awake in the middle of the night! Poor guys! Wash your hands!! Hope it is just William!

Julie said...

Oh no, not the double puke! I hope Seth stays well and the rest of you too!