Can you see what he's playing with? We call those "dynamite sticks" in my house. That's a name Ed came up with at some point in his childhood, and it has stuck. William likes to take the box out of the bathroom cabinet and take the sticks out of the box and put them back into the box, and God knows where else in the house. We've been finding them all over the place. It's going to be real interesting the next time we have company.
In other news, my mom and the nieces have gone back home. I think they had a good visit. Here are some cute pictures.

Of course, I wish I had gotten some more with the girls and William. I kept meaning to have a photo shoot when we got home and then just kept forgetting. I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached. Oh well. There's always next time.
The growth spurt/eating spree seems to be over. I guess he ate enough food in two days to last him for the next month or so. Although he did eat the entire main portion of his L'il Entree tonight. It was stars and meat sauce and he mostly fed himself, so I was pretty impressed. I guess we're making progress, even if it's coming in fits and starts.
Sleeping, however, is a whole 'nuther story. He has been waking up twice a night and insisting (i.e. throwing a fit to end all fits) on a bottle. He doesn't want me to hold him. He doesn't want to lie down with me anywhere. He especially doesn't want to sit in the rocking chair in his room. It's a bottle or a knock-down, drag-out brawl. And so far, he's kicking my ass. What can I say? I'm really off my game at 3:30 in the morning. I'm psyching myself out for another round tonight. And I keep telling myself that tonight, I'm going to dish out a little tough love. But the nagging voice in my head is coming up with a million excuses for him. He's going through a growth spurt and he's hungry; my friend's baby went through the exact same thing and it last for two or three weeks and now he's fine and sleeping through the night; he's been out of sorts from being sick and out of our routine; yada yada yada. Maybe the fight isn't really between me and William. It's between the competing mommy voices in my head. I'll let you know who won tonight's round tomorrow!
3 comments:
Good title! (Thanks to Ed...) The girls have gotten so big. I'm glad they got to see you guys.
It looks like William is preparing for a life inside the beltway. He's already pulling some strings.
Thanks for sharing the laugh!
I remember when Princess found the big stickers under the bathroom sink. I died laughing while trying to explain that they were not stickers and are not toys. Then promptly moved my monthly supplies to a high shelf in a closet in the master bathroom.
Good luck with the sleeping thing.
Post a Comment