Sunday, August 19, 2007

Weekend Report

We had another good but busy weekend. William has come down with a cold again (we had a good run, though--all of July and half of August! Not bad.), but that didn't seem to bother him too much. I was reminded again of what an easy-going child he is. On Saturday, we went to a friend's community pool and were there from 11:30 until 3:00! This is prime nap time, and William did great. He loved the pool and also played on the playground and the volleyball court. He ate a ham and cheese sandwich and grapes for lunch and munched on golden Oreos for dessert. And although towards the end, you could definitely tell he was tired, there were no major meltdowns or temper tantrums. And once we got in the car, he was asleep before I had even left the parking lot. Too cute!


He slept the whole way home (for about an hour), and then woke up and spent the rest of the afternoon outside with our neighbor's 3-year-old boy and another friend's 12-month-old girl. We cooked hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill and the kids played in the sandbox and the water table and just ran around. (We really need a fence for the back yard!) He didn't sleep quite as well that night, but it wasn't too bad. He woke up twice--at 2:30 and 4:30--but went back to sleep both times. All in all, a great day.

Today was the usual--grocery shopping, trying to get laundry done, playing outside as much as we could. William didn't make it past 11:30 for his nap, and in the afternoon, William, Ed and I went to a local park where they have a carousel and a little train that runs around the park. We took William on both, but I couldn't really tell if he liked it. He had a very serious look on his face while we were on both rides, but when he watched them from afar, he got very excited. He also shared a popsicle with dad, so that was a big hit.


In other William news, his molars on coming in, but he seems to be taking it pretty well. The right one has poked through, and the left one is very close. I've been giving him popsicles after dinner, which he loves. I found these great mini-popsicles which are the perfect size for him.He's also continuing to eat pretty well. After work is the toughest, though, because on the way home, he gets crabby in the car, and I often give him goldfish, and then he won't eat as much at dinner. I could try to give him fruit, which would be healthier, and could be considered a part of his dinner, but I have to reach back and hand it to him, a few at a time, and a lot of it ends up on the floor or in the car seat, so "dry" foods are best. But he's still doing well with meat--he ate a whole hot dog last night, and some hamburger--and he likes broccoli and peas and today he had raspberries for the first time and loved them! No surprise there. The only fruit he doesn't really like is mango.

So that was the weekend! My sister and her husband will be in town this week, so we're looking forward to their visit. They've never met William, so I hope he'll be his charming self for them and not a sick, cranky mess.

1 comment:

T with Honey said...

We got those popsicles too and we love them. Princess can eat one all by herself and not make a mess. Then she has to go check out her tongue in the mirror afterward to see if it changed color. Which, of course it has!