Sunday, August 26, 2007

Weekend Report

We had a wonderful weekend, and here it is, Sunday night already.

William spent the night with his grandparents on Saturday night so that Ed and I could see a movie, go out to dinner, and then I could go hear Ed play. Everything was wonderful! I stayed up until 3:30 in the morning (yikes!) and we got to sleep in this morning until 10:30. I could have slept in later, but since I had woken up briefly at 6:30, 7:45, and 9:30, I figured 10:30 was late enough. We saw Bourne Ultimatum, which we really enjoyed. We ate at a nice Italian restaurant very close to our house. We hung out at the bar where Ed plays and I got to meet both of his bosses, as they both came to hear him play on his birthday.

William did great with his grandparents and it sounds like he had a good time. The more we do this (have him stay with them), the easier it gets! (We've only actually done it twice, but still--the potential is there!) I know I won't be doing it a lot, simply because when you work full time, weekend time with your kids is precious, to say the least. But alone time with Ed is precious, too, and it's so nice to have the ability to make it happen.

Speaking of William, his cold is still there, but it hasn't gotten too bad, so fingers crossed that it will fade away. He's saying "more," and "cup," and "balloon" now. It sometimes sounds like he says "milk," but I can't be sure. Ed takes him for his 15 month will visit on Wednesday, so we'll see what his stats are. But I think he weighs about 22 pounds, and he's maybe 30 or 31 inches tall.

Speaking of Ed, he gets to stay home with William all week. William's daycare is closed for teacher training and inservices, so Ed took a week off to play Mr. Mom. I'm very jealous, but know it will be wonderful bonding time for them. (If Ed actually makes it through the week!) My week will be infinitely easier as I won't have to worry about getting William up and fed and making sure I have everything to take with me. I can just kiss my boys goodbye and walk out the door. Also, Ed will be working on getting rid of the bottles this week. I actually don't think it's going to be too hard for him. As long as he doesn't see them, he should be fine. I plan to still give him the before-bottle for now.

So that's our news. Another weekend closer to summer's end. Where does time go? The Tuesday after Labor Day is going to be a rude awakening for all of us!

3 comments:

T with Honey said...

I'm so glad that William's cold did not get any worse and you were able to have your night out!
Those can be so refreshing. I agree that working mommy guilt keeps those 'dates' down to a minimum but once every few months feels great!

LauraC said...

I'm dying to know how the first day as Mr. Mom went!!!

130sbyThirty said...

Henry stay's at one of the grandparents about once a month! It is great! It is good to get things done and to spend time as hubby and wife. (I completely understand about the work full time/ weekend with kid thing though)