Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Happy Anniversary Ed!

Today Ed and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. Ed brought home takeout from Outback and we ate it in the backyard after William had gone to sleep. It was yummy and we talked and laughed and just relaxed. We definitely need to do that more often! This year has without a doubt been the most challenging so far for our marriage. But it has also been the most rewarding. I have come to respect and admire Ed in so many new ways. I often think about in what ways I hope William turns out to be like Ed. I hope he has Ed's work ethic and his sense of responsibility and his intelligence and lack of pretentiousness. I hope he's quick to laugh like Ed does. And that he doesn't take himself too seriously. I think he's already a little shy and introverted like Ed is, which is really sweet. The best moments in life are watching Ed and William play and laugh together, or seeing William snuggle up to Ed and give him a hug. So sweet!

So happy anniversary honey! Can't wait to see what our fourth year has in store.

And since you asked, here's a picture of us on our wedding day.

4 comments:

cathy said...

Oh, what a beautiful couple! Happy anniversary! I wish you both many, many many more happy years ahead!

LauraC said...

Happy anniversary!!! I love the bouquet and you made a stunning bride!

MJ said...

This reminds me of all those e-mails about how sweet Ed was when you were dating. I'm glad he's turned out to be a great husband and father as well. Tell Ed we love him too!

130sbyThirty said...

Congrats! Great picture of you two at your wedding!