Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pregnant--What Next?

I'm debating on whether or not to start a separate pregnancy blog. I think, though, that once my news is "public," I'll want to include it in my regular blog, because it will definitely fall under the "Working It Out" category. So for now, I'll just save these entries as drafts.

Yesterday I had a few moments of nausea. But it was fleeting. In some ways, I wish I felt very sick, because I'd feel more secure about the pregnancy. But I was never very sick with William, and everything turned out okay. I have my first doctor's appointment on September 18. Since I am 35, I think I am considered "advanced maternal age," which means I will be monitored more closely. I like the idea of having more sonograms. Ed and I haven't decided if we want to find out the sex of this baby. I could go either way. If we do find out, we might try to keep it a secret from everyone else. But I think that would be too hard, because I would definitely want to get clothes ready, etc. I'll use the same room decor as William had, so that will be easy. And that also means we can change the decor in William's room. Yay! I'm thinking a construction theme with lots of trucks, but I also don't want to do something that will be hard to change in a few years, so I'm thinking of not doing a border, even though I think borders are super cute. I also think we should paint the baby's room, but still in a neutral color. And maybe we'll paint William's room blue. Well, now I'm just rambling. The best part about painting the rooms, though, is that we won't have to paint any trim! No windows, no doors, no molding. How easy will that be?

First things first, however. I need to get to our first appointment and make sure everything is okay.

No comments: