I'm not sure if William is having fun or not. Today he only took a one-hour nap, so he was quite manic when I got home. I held him while I made dinner (which was quite an impressive feat, I may add! I made the garlic Parmesan pork chops.) and he was starving by the time I fed him. He actually ate the same dinner we did, and ate an entire pork chop! But he finished before we actually got everything together and sat down, so it wasn't exactly a family meal. I'm still working on the whole timing thing! He got a popsicle while we sat down and ate, and when he finished, he got down and started pushing the vacuum cleaner all over the house. It made us laugh because he was so tired that he would practically fall apart if the vacuum cleaner hit an obstacle or he couldn't get it to go in the direction he wanted. Poor guy!
Tomorrow afternoon is William's 15-month well visit. He'll get a few shots, so I imagine he'll be pretty grumpy when I get home. I need to write down some questions for Ed to ask the doctor. I hate not going to the appointment, but I need to save all the sick leave that I can. For now it's off to bed. I'm letting William cry this week (for the umpteenth time), so we'll see how tonight goes.
Tomorrow afternoon is William's 15-month well visit. He'll get a few shots, so I imagine he'll be pretty grumpy when I get home. I need to write down some questions for Ed to ask the doctor. I hate not going to the appointment, but I need to save all the sick leave that I can. For now it's off to bed. I'm letting William cry this week (for the umpteenth time), so we'll see how tonight goes.
5 comments:
Sorry to hear things are not going super smooth... honestly by the end of some days, my patience is completely gone with the boys. This is a tough age, particularly the tantrums and short fuses! Cute to see the tantrums but sometimes I want to say, "It's not THAT big of a deal!"
I'm sure Ed will enjoy time with William more once William is a little older and can communicate better. Trying to decipher whines and crying can be very frustrating, especially when you're not used to being the one to manage it all day, every day.
Good luck with the sleeping at night!
It is hard to be home all alone with the kid all day - so I am sure Ed is just plain getting tired out by keeping up with the boy and not having normal adult interaction like he is used to. I know my hubby would be going nuts and give up on the first day! 'what go to the grocery store with the kid?!?!?' ah men.
Good luck tonight and tomorrow.
My husband wouldn't be able to take care of the kiddos longer than a few hours by himself, I'm sure!
I'm sure Ed is just spent by the end of the day--I know I am most days! Bill has often told me he could not do what I do--that he wouldn't even last one day! I hope William does well with his shots and good luck with the CIO--you can do it!!!
Post a Comment