Sunday, August 05, 2007

This Is Time Flying By

Whoosh!

So what's been happening in our lives that has kept me from posting for five days? Well, for starters, I was getting ready for my mom and nieces to come visit this weekend. Then, on Thursday night, just when I thought I was in the clear (and was going to write a blog entry), I fell victim to the pernicious (and apparently long-lived) stomach virus that felled both William and Ed the week before. It was ugly, but I was done throwing up by Friday morning, and after spending all day Friday in bed and taking round-the-clock Tylenol (the fever and aches were almost as bad as the throwing-up part), I was back to my good-old-self by Saturday. So instead of coming up on Friday, my mom and nieces came up on Saturday.

So last night and today, we've been entertaining. Today we went to the zoo and although it was super hot, the kids had a great time, and William was awesome. He fell asleep in the car on the way there and on the way back, so I guess we timed it well. He enjoyed looking at the animals, as long as they were moving. He liked the turtles in the aquariums the best, and the meerkats the second best. We'll have to take him to the Baltimore Aquarium soon.

Tomorrow I'm taking the day off so we can go to the Capitol and the Lincoln Memorial and stand in front of the White House. Not sure if I'll take a whole day or a half. Haven't figured out the logistics yet. Maybe tomorrow I'll have some pictures to post. Unfortunately, tomorrow will be hotter than today.

But in William news, he's still doing really well in restaurants. And he must be on a growth spurt because he's eating to beat the band! He's actually eating meat! As in hot dogs and hamburgers! This morning he ate an entire banana, a piece of french toast, and then we went to McDonald's about an hour and a half later and he ate an entire pancake. Last night he ate a whole hot dog. I'm sure this will be short-lived, so when I'm complaining in the future about how he's eating like a bird again, remind me that this, too, shall pass.

So that's it. Wish it was more exciting than that, but hey. William eating is VERY exciting to me!

5 comments:

MJ said...

Don't you hate when you think you've missed the bug that hits everyone else only to get it last? I'm glad you recovered so quickly.
Congrats to William on eating well too!

T with Honey said...

Why does every child eventually come to love hot dogs? I just don't understand that.

Sounds like another great weekend together with family. Hope today isn't too much of a scorcher.

Mom101 said...

My daughter so loved the Baltimore aquarium! I hope we can get back there when we're in DC later this month. What's with all the zoo and aquarium hatahs anyway? Hey, if the kids are happy...

thanks for the blogroll mention, lady. I'm right honored.

130sbyThirty said...

Hope you are feeling better now and glad to see you had a good time with company. I wanted to let you know I posted about some allergy tips on my website. Check it out at aimknitting.blogspot.com

Have a great day!

LJ said...

He ate a whole hot dog? It too may pass, but it won't pass easily.