Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Catching Up

A catch-up post is in order.

We had a great weekend with gorgeous weather. We dyed eggs on Saturday, did Easter baskets and egg hunt on Sunday morning, had Passover dinner with family on Sunday evening.


William got a splinter in the heel of his foot on Sunday evening, and the boy will. not. let. us. touch. his foot. He freaks like he freaks when he's going to get a shot. The splinter is in too deep to pull it out without really rooting around. We called the doc and they said to watch for infection, but if he can walk on it and it doesn't bother him, it should work its way out. We'll see.

I had the day off on Monday, so I took the boys to daycare and came home to clean and start tagging items for a consignment sale in a few weeks. Today it was back to work, back to routine.

Ed is studying for his Java certification, so he's been hogging the computer. I need a laptop.

Super Awesome Friends are possibly coming to visit this weekend. I say "possibly" because they have kids about the same age as William and Seth, and what are the chances that all 4 kids will be healthy enough to get together. Fingers crossed that it will all work out! I'm soooo excited, but don't want to jinx it, so I won't say any more.

Operation Get Tough begins again. Between stomach virus and coxsackie, the whole CIO effort flew out the window. But I'm committed to getting that child to sleep! (Poor Seth!)

That's all for now.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Great update! Sorry about William's splinter. Coincidentally, I got a splinter in my foot yesterday and it was deep. I pulled it out, but half was stuck well below the skin. Bill brought home some supplies and did a little surgery on the bathroom floor. The shot of lidocaine was super painful and I don't even think he got it out fully. The whole time I am thinking--Thank God it was my foot and not Lana's. She would have freaked!

I hope you get your fun weekend with friends!!

LauraC said...

Who are the friends?! TELL US!