Friday, April 30, 2010

Go Visit Project 365--Dinner Edition

I'm still trying to figure out how to balance my two blogs. My other blog is supposed to just be pictures and what's for dinner. Nothing too wordy or deep or philosophical. ('Cause you know how deep and philosophical I can be!) But many nights, I start blogging over there about the picture I took or about that night's dinner, and it turns into something that I would normally blog about over here. Should I put the same post on both blogs? Cut the other blog short and bring the meat over here? Just keep one blog? This problem seems to ebb and flow, so I have yet to actually come up with a "solution." In the meantime, I thought for today, I would direct my readers here to the other blog to read my thoughts on my Project 365 venture. It's been a huge success in helping me answer the "What's for Dinner" question, and for helping to de-stress my evenings. I haven't been focusing much time on the photography end of things, but now that dinner planning/production is getting easier, maybe I will find time for the photography. Since starting that blog and hearing from many of you, I've also been able to give myself a little pat on the back for getting dinner on the table almost every night, for relying less and less on processed foods, and for forgoing fast food and carry out. I still have a long way to go, but at this point, I think I have something I can be proud of.

So, mosey on over there and check it out. (Even though this blog entry is now longer than that entry. Geeze!)

3 comments:

LauraC said...

Personally I would combine them because there is a lot of overlap. But it's your blogs!

Beth said...

I have started to do that many times (combine them) but then I don't know that I want my nightly dinner menu in my blog books. It's pretty boring. I could probably just stop with the daily posting of the dinner menu altogether, because really, no one cares about that but me, and I could easily just keep track of it myself. But something about posting it keeps me accountable and makes me try harder. I will think about it this weekend. Their essentially the same voice, so it makes sense to just go back to one blog. Thanks for the feedback!

Beth said...

I can't believe I'm an editor and I just wrote "their" when I meant "they're." Ugh.