Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Know Better

I almost wrote a post about the possibility that after 4 years of continual viruses, bacterial infections, and wheezing, William's immune system might finally be kicking in. But then I thought twice. Because I know that when you say such things OUT LOUD, especially when you blog such things to the whole world, it will come back to bite you in the ass. Yes, William got over the bug he had on Sunday very quickly. (He was fine all day Monday and back at school today.) And yes, he's off the Pulmicort and has not been sick at all this April. And yes, even the last year has been way, way better than the first two.

But . . . BUT . . . we are not out of the woods yet. The dreaded summer cold is out there, looming. He has yet to catch strep, and I would not be at all surprised if he wakes up tomorrow with a runny nose. Such is the way of the world. So I will NOT write a post about how much better this year has been. About how hopeful I am that he has outgrown the wheezing. About how much his immune system should ROCK after his first 3 years in daycare. Because I know better. I definitely know better.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Still crossing my fingers for you for the best year ever health-wise! :)

Joanna said...

*Cringes* Come on, you know better!

MJ said...

Cute non-post. I don't want to say much in my comment just in case.

Karen said...

I heard that there is usually a break in the sickness after they turn 3. Hopefully it's turning 4 for William!

Julie said...

Don't do it...don't jinx it!