Thursday, April 29, 2010

Playlist

I am thankful to say that we have finally moved away from listening to "kiddie" songs during our long commutes to and from work. Since I got Ed the iPod Touch for Christmas with an iTunes gift card, he has been introducing the boys to lots of different great music, which made me wonder why I haven't been forcing them to listen introducing them to my own music preferences. At any rate, here's our current playlist:

Party in the U.S.A. (Miley Cyrus)
Sweet Caroline (Neil Diamond)
Brown Eyed Girl (Van Morrison)
Good Riddance/Time of your Life (Green Day)
At Last (Etta James)
Bubbly (Colbie Caillat)
Life is a Highway (Cars Soundtrack--Rascal Flats)
Real Gone (Cars Soundtrack--Cheryl Crow)
I'm Yours (Jason Mraz)
Tiny Dancer (Elton John)
Hey, Soul Sister (Train)
Who Says (John Mayer)
My Life (Billy Joel)
She's Always a Woman (Billy Joel)
I Want You Back (Jackson 5)
I'll Be There (Jackson 5)
ABC (Jackson 5)
Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters (Elton John)
100 Years (Five for Fighting)
The Weight (Marty Staples Singers)
These Are Days (10,000 Maniacs)

I'm planning on adding some more Michael Jackson. Ed mixes in some Beatles. William likes Mary Chapin Carpenter. At any rate, it's nice to be listening to normal music again. And it's a riot to hear William and Seth singing the words. Seth especially likes Sweet Caroline. (Hands . . . touching hands . . . reaching out . . . touching me . . . touching youuuuuuuu . . . Sweet Caroline dun-dun-dun . . . ). And I crack up when William sings, "Who says you can't get stoned." (That's from John Mayer--"Who Says." Great song if you haven't heard it.) I'm looking forward to expanding their musical horizons even more! (And no making fun of the playlist!)

5 comments:

HeatherV said...

What a wonderful idea! I personally love 100 years. It was my Ben pregnancy song (Coldplay's Viva La Vida was Ian's).

The Little people christmas CD has "disappeared" from my car to be replaced with NPR.

HeatherV said...

Just another thought as Ben likes Bluegrass (dancin' music),

What about Alison Krauss and Union Station. We are actually taking the both boys to meet up for an outdoor concert tomorrow night with friends to see Chatham co line.

Joanna said...

Andy introduced Michael to adult music. Mostly classic rock, grunge, and whatever you call today's rock. Now, Michael doesn't like my music and always requests "daddy music" when I'm driving. It's a good thing I love the Foo Fighters too.

cathy said...

Great playlist! Fun when the kids enjoy the 'adult' tunes as well.

Sweet Caroline is a huge deal in our place!! The kids always love it, and request that we turn it up loud!

LauraC said...

I didn't introduce music earlier because they would whine and yell for kids music.

My boys love I'm Yours. And Fireflies by Owl City, if I hear that one more time I might die.

Fortunately I introduced them to Glee this morning and they asked if I could get Glee music.