Today you turn 2 years old, and I can hardly believe that so much time has passed. You have grown so much in the past year, and you continue to bring so much joy, laughter, and fun to Daddy, William, and me. You are loud and stubborn and defiant, but you are also the sweetest and most affectionate little boy, and you bring a smile to the face of everyone around you.
You are very independent and like to do things "by self," as you say it. You are talking up a storm and you patiently repeat yourself when Mommy doesn't quite understand what you're saying. You like to make sure you are understood! You are great at remembering things, and lately, you have started asking, "What's that?" when you want to know what something is. You can count to 10 and sing the ABC song. You know other songs, too, and you even sing along to "Sweet Caroline" by Neil Diamond. You love books, and you especially love Elmo books. But you also love classics like Goodnight Moon, Snuggle Puppy, and Oops!
You love to play outside--in the sandbox, with balls, with bubbles. You love to climb and you have no fear of falling or hurting yourself. When we're inside, you play with your kitchen (you like it when I let you play with dried pasta, but I almost always have to take it away because you start throwing it around), your ride-on car, and you dabble in all of the toys. You don't have any clear favorites. You love to help Mommy in the kitchen, and you love to play at the sink.
You also love to play with William. You adore him, but you don't take any you-know-what from him, that's for sure. You guys love to make each other giggle, and even though it's hard, you do a great job of sharing toys with him and taking turns. I've been so impressed with how willing you are to work things out. You are quick to resist at first, but your bark is definitely bigger than your bite. You and William have been playing together more and more lately, and it's been so great to watch a friendship develop between you two.
Your personality has emerged and developed so much in the last year. You are confident and sweet and loving. You are also tough and silly and quick to laugh. You have completed our family in a way that we never anticipated, and we are so lucky to have you around. As much as I want to slow time down so I can savor you just as your are, I also can't wait to see what the next year will bring. We hope that you will experience joy and learning and confidence and peace, and that you will always feel loved and comforted and content. We hope that today is a special day. We want to celebrate all that you are, and all that are yet to be. We love you with all that we are!
Mommy and Daddy
One year ago, today:
July 2009:
October 2009:
January 2010:
April 2010:


8 comments:
I can't believe he's two! The picture from October and then to January show him suddenly morphed from a baby to a big kid. It's unreal how they seem to change overnight. Happy Birthday, Seth!
He is such an adorable boy! Happy birthday, sweetie!
Happy Birthday Seth! What a big boy he is turning into. I love the photo progression. I hope it's a great day to remember his birth and celebrate all he is becoming.
Seth is already 2? My goodness, where has the time gone?
The thing that always strikes me about Seth's pictures is what a brilliant smile he has. He has that extra twinkle in his eye that makes him look like he'd be so much fun to play with.
It's always easy to remember Seth's birthday because of Earth Day. I can't belive it's been two years. Happy Birthday, Seth! (As always, I love the letters, Beth.)
Happy Birthday, Seth!
In some cultures you'd be a man. If you were a lion or something.
Happy birthday Seth! Beautiful tribute mom and it says a lot that you've raised two wonderful sons!
Happy Birthday Seth! He is such an adorable kid! Look at that smile and those big eyes. Great post!
Post a Comment