The boys' school has picture day twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. Since Seth was an infant, he has freaked out whenever they try to take his photo. The huge lights and reflectors and "stage" and photographer have scared the crap out of him. A year ago spring and this past fall, I went over to the school during picture time in the hopes that me being there would calm him down. He calmed down enough to have his picture taken, but not enough to smile. He did smile big in the fall picture taken of him with William. I was standing right there, and the photographer went through great lengths to get the boys laughing. It was a cute picture.
Yesterday was the spring picture day. I headed over to the Center as usual to be there for Seth's picture. I needn't have bothered, though. After Seth watched one of his classmates get his picture taken, Seth shouted, "My turn! My turn!" He practically mowed his teacher down trying to get to the picture stage. He smiled and laughed and shouted, "Cheese!" I don't think he cared one bit that I was there. After he was done, I got William from his classroom and they took their picture together, both smiling the sweetest smiles. Looks like I may be spending a lot of money in picture packages this time around!
2 comments:
Awesome! Score! This is a good note to myself too: don't expect Wyeth to do much posing until around age 2. So glad that they do this for you! We have to pay up front before the pics- I learned my lesson on that one! Never again. I got 40.00 of humph smile girl. Ugh. Can't wait to see 'em! (if you scan 'em!)
It's incredible how quickly they change. I love big smiley pictures, I can't wait to see these!
Post a Comment