When I started this blog, I wanted to capture my thoughts as I journey through the adventure of motherhood. But being a mother isn't my only role in life. I have spent the last several years trying to work it all out, so that seems like an appropriate title for my blog. Of course, being a mom is still the main attraction. So stay tuned and see if I ever figure it out!
Monday, April 19, 2010
Menu Plan Monday -- April 19
Last week's menu plan bore little resemblance to what we actually ate, but it all worked out fine in the end. I'm starting this week's plan from Saturday, since that's when I planned it. And I'm still working on using up things from the freezer.
Saturday: Chicken Enchiladas
Sunday: Pork Schnitzel, asparagus, dinner rolls
Monday: Sirloin steak, boiled new potatoes, salad
Tuesday: Salmon, green beans, roasted potatoes
Wednesday: Tacos (using some frozen taco-seasoned beef from the freezer)
Thursday: SETH'S BIRTHDAY! I'll probably make mac-n-cheese and broccoli for the boys. My mom is coming in town that day, so she might pick something up for us. Otherwise, the adults will scrounge.
Friday: Homemade calzones or pizza
Saturday: Dinner out
Two exciting things happened this weekend. First, I brought reusable bags to the grocery store and USED THEM! Although it's shameful, this is a first for me. I even remembered to put them back in the car after I unloaded the groceries. But then I forgot to take them into Target with me this afternoon. But that's okay. You gotta start somewhere.
The second is that I joined in with Food Waste Friday (on Saturday) sponsored by The Frugal Girl. Check out my Project365--Dinner Edition blog each week to see how much food I'm wasting (i.e. how much money I'm throwing in the garbage can and down the sink). I'm hoping that blogging about it will motivate me to do a better job at using up what we have.
For more great menu ideas, check out OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Homemade calzones sound yummy!
Always impressed with your ability to plan out such variety in a week. Fruit Loops in the Circus white tiger would be listed every day on mine! Love the link on food waste. Must check out soon as well as get freeze ahead link up. I had such good intentions in January. Happy early Birthday to Seth!!!
Post a Comment