Monday, April 26, 2010

Menu Plan Monday -- April 26

 This will be an easy week that doesn't involve a lot of recipes. (I have learned to save new recipes for the weekend.) I'm also attempting to use things up before they go bad. This includes tortillas, cilantro, an avocado, salsa, and potato salad. For the quesadillas, I'll mix in some salsa that we need to finish, along with the cilantro. I'd like to use canned black beans, but I never use the whole can, and it ends up going bad. Can you freeze canned beans? For the spaghetti, I have some frozen meat sauce in the freezer that I'll probably combine with some jar sauce.

Sunday: Leftover Smorgasbord

Monday: Breaded chicken tenders, green beans, potato salad (I love the flavor of Progresso Italian style breadcrumbs, but it would be healthier to make my own, plus I could use up bread that I freeze before going bad. Tonight, I'll probably use Progresso, but in the future, I'll try the recipe I'm posting below.)

Tuesday: Spice-rubbed salmon, avocado salsa, broccoli, dinner rolls (trying to use up an avocado and cilantro)

Wednesday: Cheese and black bean quesadillas

Thursday: Spaghetti and garlic bread

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday: Camping! (Hopefully) Not sure what's on the menu yet. Maybe grilled steak and roasted potatoes. Or maybe just hamburgers and hot dogs. We'll play it by ear.

----------------------------------

PROGRESSO ITALIAN-STYLE BREAD CRUMBS

1 cup plain bread crumbs
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp parsley flakes
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp sugar
dash oregano

Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.

-----------------------------------

For more menu plans and recipes, visit OrgJunkie's Menu Plan Monday!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

We are having cheese and black bean burritos tonight. Yum!

Libby said...

You can use whole wheat bread heels and freeze it. Then you feel a little healthier about it.