It looks like our weekend plans are going to work out. Megan and her family (Sam, Seren, and Wyeth) are coming to visit! I am super excited and can't wait to hang out with them and have our families get to know each other. Megan and I got together for lunch one day when she was in DC for business about two years ago. And William and I got to meet Sam and Seren during that trip. But as Megan said, that was two babies ago! So we all have a lot of catching up to do.
They should be arriving this afternoon. The plan for tonight is to get pizza and hang out. Tomorrow morning, we'll be braving the DC crowds for the annual Cherry Blossom Parade. After the parade, we're going to play it by ear. If we can get ourselves organized enough, we'll bring a picnic lunch and either hang out in DC and eat lunch there, or we may head back to Virginia to visit this awesome park. We'll just see how it goes. Our goal is just to hang out together and avoid stress as much as possible. So if the only thing we do is hang out at our house, that's fine, too. No pressure! Hopefully I will get at least a few pictures that I can post on Sunday.
In other news, William's class is taking a field trip to the Capitol today. I will not be tagging along, but I wish they could bring a Web cam along so I could watch them. He's excited because they plan to ride the subway car that goes from our office building to the Capitol. I bet that will be the highlight for most of the kids!
Operation Get Tough with Seth is not really happening, but he is sleeping better. He's only woken up once the last two nights, and both times, his pacifier had fallen to the floor so after I returned it to him, he went right back to sleep. At some point in the not-too-distant future, we'll force the pacifier issue. But it's not something I'm looking forward to.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Beth
4 comments:
JEALOUS! Have an awesome awesome time!
And ask her if she wants to come down for Warrior Dash!
sounds like a great, great weekend. It finally rained here and washed away the pollen. Just got back from the OB and have a plan for induction on the 14th if this baby doesn't make an appearence soon. Kinda hoping to literally sleep away the weekend between watching Mad Men.
HAVE A GREAT TIME! Sounds like a great weekend plan, whether you get to the cherry blossoms or just hang out! Glad its all going to work out!!
Beth: First have fun this weekend and second a suggestion on getting the pacifier from Seth. When there is a holiday like Easter or Christmas that has a bunny or santa tell him that you're going to put them outside so that santa or the bunny can give them to other children and would that be okay with him? It worked with Matthew before he was 2 years old. Good luck and keep up the good work, Mommy! Please give suggestions for birthday gifts? Thanks.
Post a Comment